Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 05:37 PM

Default getting counterfeited on the turn

What do I do in spots like this?
Enemies like to chase a lot and are generally pretty bad.

Poker Stars
Limit Omaha Ring game
Limit: $0.10/$0.2
10 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $4.79
UTG+1: $6.70
UTG+2: $4.77
MP1: $3.68
MP2: $10.21
MP3: $1.28
CO: $1.47
Hero: $3.50
SB: $3.73
BB: $6.31

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is Button with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
4 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (9SB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, CO calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (7.5BB, 3 players)
SB checks, CO checks, Hero ???
Old 06-25-2007, 06:31 PM

Default Re: getting counterfeited on the turn

hehe enemies.

i bet. im wanting one or both of them to fold. im expecting at least one to call with the straight or flush draw though, but thats ok. you have a thin shot at the whole pot and a good shot at half here if one of them folds.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do I do in spots like this?
Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (7.5BB, 3 players)
SB checks, CO checks, Hero ???

[/ QUOTE ]Kerlossos - I would take the free card and see what the river brings.

You're not going to get anybody who has any sense to fold to a bet here - and you're not going to get anybody who lacks sense to fold to a bet here either. Check and take the free card.

Because of the size of the pot, you probably should call a bet on the river, if you miss and it comes to that. If you miss on the river and they both check to you, then you have to decide whether to bet or not at that point. On the river, you would, after all, have two pairs and neither opponent would have shown much strength. (You might bet the river, even if it does not seem to fit, or you might not, depending on your "feel" for the situation and the make-up of the board).

Buzz
Old 06-25-2007, 11:01 PM

I agree with Buzz's evaluation.

As much as I'd like to take this pot down right now, realistically, I know that my chances to succeed at that is quite slim.

Nice starting hand...nice flop...and then things go south on the turn, and all of a sudden, your high hand doesn't look so hot because now that's all you've got going for you, and, it also gives your opponents even more excuses to keep calling because if they have a low, even a so-so low hand, then they're not going anywhere. I don't mind taking the free card here, especially in position...but because you're taking it in position, it may appear that you're still drawing and you might want to pay off a river bet unless it gets really ugly.