Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2006, 01:02 PM

Default Want rakeback after commiting an \"Absolute\" mistake

When I first started playing poker, I made the dumb mistake of signing up for Absolute Poker for some sort of one-time bonus (poker chips I think). With the unlimited deposit bonus and my preference for their 2/4 6 max tables, I really would like rakeback set up on the account.

I know this affiliate also has a rakeback option, although they officially say its either or, not both (can't get bonus then switch to rakeback).

Has anyone successfully tried doing this? I mean I would be willing to have whatever the initial stupid gift was worth deducted from my rakeback in the first period or something to make it more fair.

Otherwise, what else can I do about it?

Thanks!
Old 02-22-2006, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Want rakeback after commiting an \"Absolute\" mistake

your affiliate is wrong. you can get bonus+rakeback at Absoulte Poker. I was a prop there, and I am currently trying to get that account shutdown so I get the B+R at absolute. I'll let you know if i'm successful or not.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:44 PM

I think you misunderstood - I signed up for Absolute to get a GIFT bonus(nothing to do with deposit bonus at Absolute) instead of rakeback. Because I got the gift, supposedly I can't get rakeback with this affiliate (moronic of me I know). Now I change my mind and want rakeback - just wondering if anyones done this before because officially this particular site does not allow for a change like this.

Thanks

[ QUOTE ]
your affiliate is wrong. you can get bonus+rakeback at Absoulte Poker. I was a prop there, and I am currently trying to get that account shutdown so I get the B+R at absolute. I'll let you know if i'm successful or not.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-22-2006, 03:55 PM

most sites give the affiliate one of two options for a new player.

mgr plan, when a player signs up the affiliate receives a % of the players gross rake.

cpa plan, the site pays the affiliate a flat fee per signup after the signup has satisfied some requirements that vary site by site.

unfortunately, you dont have any claim to rb on the account you signed up. either he put you on the mgr plan and part of his business model was to pay out of pocket for the gift. you could say, then i should be getting rb on this, well, in this model, you may pay for 100 gifts, and then one account ends up playing regularly, this player will be making up for the other 99 accounts that went bust and dont generate any revenues.

more than likely he put you on CPA and is not receiving a % for you play and just received a flat fee that he used to purchase the gift, and kept the leftover for expenses, and then finally profit.

most/all sites wont let you change a players affiliate payment method between CPA or MGR as it would enable us affilaites to really take advantage of there affilaite incentive pay systems......hope that makes sense, i didnt really sleep last night....

if you are dead set on getting AP rb i would suggest contacting an affilaite and see if you can open a new account. but the current one is SOL.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:21 PM

Roadstar,

If all else fails I'd actually just try contacting Absolute. They're pretty willing to work with people from what I've seen and heard thus far. It wouldn't shock me if they would allow this if it meant either losing or keeping a customer. Never hurts to ask if there aren't other options.

Chief
Old 02-22-2006, 04:46 PM

Thanks Morgant - that makes sense. I guess its difficult for me to get rb then.

Chief - Thanks for your response. Contacing Absolutes a good idea if all else fails. But I'm not sure I completely understand - are you saying there is a possibility absolute will directly give me rakeback? Or are you saying there is a chance Absolute will contact my affiliate and tell them to give me a rakeback deal (in which case could the affiliate still be sticky about it?)

Anybody actually done this?

I appreciate your responses. Thanks!
Old 02-22-2006, 05:17 PM

i think he means there is a possibility that absolute will close your existing account allowing you to create a new one.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:37 PM

Roadstar,

I mean if your affiliate can't work something out with you and you have no other options...you're basically to the point where you just won't play on Absolute b/c you don't have rakeback. I'd call Absolute and tell them exactly that. It's not like they lose money by giving you rakeback. They still make money off of you. And they'd probably rather make a small amount + keep a customer than make nothing and have one less player. It also wouldn't hurt you if you mention how much you play if it's a good amount and also if you play short tables at all. Sites like players willing to play short b/c it often keeps games going and therefore rake coming in. The worst they could do is say...no I'm sorry we can't do that. But honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if Absolute would allow this.

Not evey site is like Party. Some actually care about keeping customers and keeping customers happy.

Chief
Old 02-22-2006, 07:08 PM

I would listen to Morgant on this..hes an affialaite. Bottom line is this..if absolute or any poker site allowed RB after you opened an account they would lose out. The idea with signing up with an affialaite is they led you to signing up to the poker site. If you are already a customer there is no incentive to do so. As for calling the poker site...thats got little chance to work. You will be speaking to an hourly employee who will follow the guidelines given to him..not like your talking to a manager of the poker room. If you want Rakeback..open thru an affialiate for one of many different poker sites...there are many.......your not missing out by not playing at absolute
Old 02-22-2006, 07:37 PM

Default Re: Want rakeback after commiting an \"Absolute\" mistake *DELETED*

Post deleted by craig