Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 09:59 AM

Default Any chance we can continue \"uNL Concept of the week threads\"?

I read the original 5 threads a long time ago, but after reviewing my PT db I decided to give them another read because I seem to be leaking huge with TP hands (it's not that I'm felting them like they are the nuts, I just seem to lose a lot of medium pots where I give up on the turn/river because I'm not blocking draws or controlling pot sizes properly with non-beast mode hands).

There's a lot of golden nuggets in those threads, especially if you read every reply and start cross-reading any linked topics in the threads.

What are some other topics we can cover? And by we, I mean EMcWilliams. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2007, 11:15 AM

Default Re: Any chance we can continue \"uNL Concept of the week threads\"?

They stopped getting any real response so I stopped writing them and having guest writers. If you want them, I can get back on them.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:19 AM

I liked the original 5 a lot, any new ones would be appreciated. As for possible topics, maybe something about 'blind defense', 'dealing with LAGs', 'going to calldown mode' or 'running a big bluff' are some I think of right now.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:53 AM

I do not remember if they were stickied each week when they originally ran but maybe we can do that this time around if they weren't stickied before?

ie. For next week's concept, keep it in its own sticky for 1 week. When the next concept comes in remove the previous one and append it to the essential sticky's concept list?

This way it won't get buried to page 3 in half an hour.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:55 AM

I would like to see an article on blind battles. Specifically, I'd like to see some more material on reacting to a re-raises from the sb/bb when raising from co/btn. I understand we fold to a nit's re-raise, but what about to a 20/12 kinda guy? How frequently to steal from a LAG (i.e. go into detail why lags are bad to blind steal from due to lack of fold equity). I think it'd be great to add on to Pokey's post.