Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2006, 11:46 AM

Default FWIW - got my camera, and screamed at Party until they gave me cash...

I finally got my camera yesterday and, like everyone else I've seen so far, it was the fujifilm finepix f460, *not* a canon. Only Party could make getting a prize an unpleasant experience...first the thing is weeks late, and then it's not what they told you it would be. The thing is, if they'd told me it was going to be an f460 when I won it, I would have been really psyched. But as it is, it's just an annoying example of how PP never does anything right. It's incredibly anticlimactic to be expecting one thing and getting another. It's nice to win something, but I mean, come on...thank god that I'm at least not in the same boat as the people who won the "portable" dvd players. That must just totally suck.

The other thing I felt worthy of reporting is that I screamed at PP last week until this week they gave me some cash to try and make up for it - not a bonus offer but no strings attached cash.

I (like everyone) had a horrid time screaming at Party over e-mail last week. I went back and forth with them and (of course) they never answered anything I was bringing up. They just kept replying with things that had nothing to do with my complaints - literally. It was as if we were having different conversations entirely.

So I got *incredibly* frustrated. Despite the fact that I'd had problems with their support in the past, this was worse than anything I'd experienced. By my last couple of e-mails I was getting extraordinarily nasty (typing in all caps, which I *never* do, using incredibly nasty, profane and derogatory terms that I also never use to tech support people because I know that they aren't the ones directly responsible for my problem, etc.). Finally in my e-mails I started pleading to Jesus that somehow my e-mails end up at a supervisor who could "see what these retards are doing to their customers." (except in all caps and with lots of exclamation points and a couple of random curse words) I also thanked them for moving me to open a Pokerstars account, which I was enjoying immensely.

At any rate, I think that "supervisor" and "pokerstars" are keywords in their e-mail sorting program, because after a couple of more back and forth messages I actually got a letter from a supervisor (Arjit) who offered to call me at home. I replied telling him to do so, and he called when I couldn't get to my phone and didn't leave a message. Huzzah! So following that worthless gesture I tried calling him and got put on hold 3 times and then was told to leave a message. So I e-mailed him back and forth for a couple of more days, now complaining also about not being able to get ahold of him when *he* was the one who was trying to extend an olive branch to *me*. Finally on Monday I got him on the phone and I really gave it to him with both barrels, saying all the stuff that one would want to say in such a situation (their new software is horrid and I had to treat it like a virus and remove it manually to avoid losing all the image files on my computer, their customer service is horrid and you never get a decent reply, that I'd rather wait longer and get a reply that means something than 10 e-mails that mean nothing but come quickly, that I'm the customer and yet they act like I owe them something, that I had to quit out a bunch of times while 6 tabling, that my computer has a lot of memory and is rather new and if it won't work on my computer who's will it work on, that the fact that they had a huge volume of support e-mails was not my problem and that it's their job to handle their customer support volume, that they wouldn't have had such a volume of e-mail if they hadn't had the worst software deployment in the history of computing, that the new software was in beta forever and yet still didn't work, that I had moved my play to Stars due 100% to their recent problems, that I still hadn't gotten my camera that they'd promised, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.).

At any rate, after my (calmly delivered but pointed) tirade, he gave me $120, no strings attached, to try the site again, which I feel was a decent gesture (though not market value for the time wasted). After completely and surgically removing all traces of the previous installation from my computer - including combing through the registry - I *did* install the new software and have not had any problems since. This is not to say that I won't, but so far I haven't. Since I've been playing on their money and not my own (which I had withdrawn to Stars after my problems there), I'm starting to consider the possibility of re-depositing there, as I am a glutton for punishment (and I love soft games...). The $120 wasn't a ton of cash, but it was better than the form e-mails that I was getting and a reasonable gesture, imo.

FWIW.

-bb.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:38 PM

Default Re: FWIW - got my camera, and screamed at Party until they gave me cash...

How much time have you spent going through all of this? It sounds like a lot. Was this really worth the $/time spent?

Edit: (I'm guessing no.)
Old 02-22-2006, 12:50 PM

Default Re: FWIW - got my camera, and screamed at Party until they gave me cash...

So after all that, you caved and went back to them.

lol
Old 02-22-2006, 01:37 PM

Thanks for the update on your scratch-off prize (I am still waiting on a resolution with mine). There is one thought that just screams out at me as I read thru your post, however, and that is . . . MY GOD YOU LOVE THE PARENTHESES!!!! (and I thought I used them alot).

In fact, this set of ideas here . . .
<<<(their new software is horrid and I had to treat it like a virus and remove it manually to avoid losing all the image files on my computer, their customer service is horrid and you never get a decent reply, that I'd rather wait longer and get a reply that means something than 10 e-mails that mean nothing but come quickly, that I'm the customer and yet they act like I owe them something, that I had to quit out a bunch of times while 6 tabling, that my computer has a lot of memory and is rather new and if it won't work on my computer who's will it work on, that the fact that they had a huge volume of support e-mails was not my problem and that it's their job to handle their customer support volume, that they wouldn't have had such a volume of e-mail if they hadn't had the worst software deployment in the history of computing, that the new software was in beta forever and yet still didn't work, that I had moved my play to Stars due 100% to their recent problems, that I still hadn't gotten my camera that they'd promised, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.).>>>
HAS to be the longest set of ideas ever contained in parentheses! (the old record was a mere 53 words in length).

It is no wonder you had difficulty communicating with Party support, if you were always speaking to them in this way.(They barely comprehend English, let's not confuse them with your parentheses-speak).

Les
Old 02-22-2006, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is no wonder you had difficulty communicating with Party support, if you were always speaking to them in this way.(They barely comprehend English, let's not confuse them with your parentheses-speak).

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair, I can email party either:

1) do this
2) do that
3) or do this

And they still don't get it right... so it doesn't really matter what you do.

Enjoy!

(and yes one of the options is something they can do like "forward my email to a supervisor" or similar)
Old 02-22-2006, 01:59 PM

Some of you guys sure do waste a lot of time on stupid [censored].
Old 02-22-2006, 02:13 PM

Default Re: FWIW - got my camera, and screamed at Party until they gave me cas

[ QUOTE ]
How much time have you spent going through all of this? It sounds like a lot. Was this really worth the $/time spent?

Edit: (I'm guessing no.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a lot, actually; maybe an hour or two total over the course of a week. I was just ripping off e-mails whenever I got one back, and I talked on the phone to him for probably 20 minutes.

Was it worth it? Probably a toss up. The thing is that I got such a great feeling from yelling at him that that was almost payment enough.

-bb.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So after all that, you caved and went back to them.

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I just tried the software again - I'm not saying I'm going to play there permanently. I think that's reasonable considering that they gave me free cash to try the site and that the guy I talked to on the phone said that he personally guaranteed that I wouldn't have any problems. I got ripped in another thread for *not* playing when I was given free cash, so I guess I can't win either way.

Let me put it this way - long term I do not see myself sticking with PP. I do not feel like I "caved" because I agreed to try the software out again since they gave me some cash to do it with. I have not yet re-deposited (and I don't currently plan to), but I'm willing to play around with their money for a while (multitabling some 11 sngs and stuff) before I cash out it out and move it somewhere else. I cashed out all of my money last week and it'll take me really liking the new software to put any of it back in.

-bb.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:26 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I love parentheses almost as much as I love the ellipsis...

I didn't write them like that, though. I wrote in the style you would expect - short sentences and small words. Towards the end, the majority of them were actually just 4 letters in length.

-bb.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:27 PM

You know, to expand on my thought from a moment ago:

I get that people think Party's support sucks, that they don't appreciate large volume clients, that the software is sub-par, and so on. And, I get that Party probably doesn't agree with you.

So I dunno. I see a lot of posturing and yelling and threatening strikes and yelling at support for a whole lot of nothing. You get paid to play a game, and it's hard for me to see people getting too up in arms over relatively small customer service glitches. Christ, it was a free camera.

Maybe I just quit expecting people to do things right a long time ago, I dunno. All I do know is that for days these forums have been filled with nothing but "Party Sucks, And Here's Why" posts. And yet I'd guess more than 50% of the posters still play there.

That's a guess. If I hated Party, I'd leave. I don't - I like the site, it pays my rent. I don't expect squat from them. I don't expect bonuses or promotion stuff.

You don't see too many higher limit players posting rants about Party, and sometimes I wonder if that's because they're winning players without bonuses, promotions and whatnot.

These threads just make me tired. I like Party.

I will say this, however: the image deletion problem was different. Vastly different, and the people harmed should at a minimum been hooked up with a CS or tech support person who was knowledgeable, at least so they could get an hours worth of bitch time and an apology (assuming tech support couldn't fix the problem). That was different.

Spending hours emailing, or trying to get multiple accounts, or abusing bonuses, or whatever, I don't get it. Just play.