Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2007, 11:38 PM

Default 5/10 - AKo - Top pair, 2 LAGs , Awkward spot

Both players are LAG's 60/20 and 80/15, the 60/20 is not too agro post flop, but the 80/15 is very agro.

Against people with tighter ranges I can be pretty confident im behind and check, but remember these guys would call hands like 96s preflop and probabily peel this flop with a hand like A6o.

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Heisenb3rg is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Heisenb3rg raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (8SB, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Heisenb3rg bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5.5BB, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Heisenb3rg......

If I bet and I get raised do I call river UI?
Old 06-24-2007, 11:46 PM

Default Re: 5/10 - AKo - Top pair, 2 LAGs , Awkward spot

Ha. What a crappy spot. I don't really know what to do, but here are my random thoughts:

- You are going to get check/raised here an awful lot. You will get check/raised by made hands you beat, made hands that beat you, semi-bluffs and/or a combination of those.
- When you get check/raised, you will have a hard time folding due to the odds you will be getting.
- When you get check/raised and you fold, you will be folding the best hand vs many semi-bluffs.
- There are so many hands that benifit from a free card that checking seems bad.

Seems tough. But I'm new to all this.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:15 AM

I agree with all that snitch said, but you're much better than me anyway, well here's what I'd do....

I'd bet and call down if the postflop aggro guy c/r's me but fold if passive guy does it. I just think that the's guys are calling you with junk more times than you get c/r'd. In other words, me have good hand, me bet.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:52 AM

bet call c/r, river depends on how many players left who c/rs etc, I can only advise you on this street post the rest of the hand if you like.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:55 AM

After you bet and call down most rivers, (and I can't really think of a river I bet if called in both places besides a red k/q) your play is to PM me with the table name so I too can sit with these two, regardless of how this hand plays out...
Old 06-25-2007, 04:42 AM

How often do you get c/r by a worse hand in this spot and can call down profitably against either player type?

Our hand is marginal at this point, not as strong as to value bet a blank river aginst 2 players and therefore it's a fold to me when being UI and c/r'd on the turn

a) when both players stay
b) when the passive one raises.

Against the 80/15 aggressive type player HU I could make a case for a thin call down, although I'd hate it.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:40 AM

I really am not convinced either way. This is a rare spot where I can honestly say I have no clue what to do.

I see myself getting check-raised more often here by hands that beat me, ,and sometiems by hands I beat. By the time I see a river, the pot is just so bloated that I pretty much have to call (so many pairs + flush draws).

The question is really how often Im ahead, and how often they'd make a move.

I almost timed out on the turn, and ended up checking it behind. River was an ace, and I called a bet. Guy showed A6o and MHIG.

How do I weigh the value of hand protection from one pair type hands to inducing bluffs/light call downs on the river and able to save 2BB when im behind? I really don't know.
The pot is right around the size where in most situations I want to protect it vs 2 opponents when/if im ahead, but on a board as scary as this, it's not so big that the answer is clear.

3BB is an easy check behind, 8BB pot is an easy bet.

Pot sizes in the middle I really don't know.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:14 AM

If you bet you risk a check raise.
I hate to give free cards , but even if you bet they have odds to call it if they are on a flush draw.
In this situation I prefer not to risk and just check and see what the river brings, you are in a good position to make a final decision on the river.

I would probably call from o to 1 bet at the river, cause of the pot equity, fold a raise.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:19 AM

Didn't read the other posts but I think you have an easy bet here. You aren't hu, and even the dumbest lags know that EP raisers connect with that board so I think you get c/r'ed by worse hands fairly infrequently.

Also, I basically don't fold anything that beats a bluff against psychos like these.