Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2007, 07:11 AM

Default Sneaky Play Scores Big

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: UtzChips is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

What a great hand for having had to pay a SB. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
I mean, I've never claimed to be of Doyle's caliber, so I really don't know how to play this hand.

<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, UtzChips checks.

Well..at least I get to see a Flop with it.

Flop: (4 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

B.i.n.g.o. 48:1 shot...so sweet [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

SB checks,

We've got a problem here. Opener limped, so unless he was playing a small pocket pair, not much chance this hit him, and I've got two of the cards. I guess we slowplay this one. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

UtzChips checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, UtzChips calls.

We've got us a live one boyz &amp; girlz...let's not set the hook in good just yet....

Turn: (3.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UtzChips checks,

Sweet! Maybe that improved CO. I mean, what's the chances of him having QT? Slim..... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

CO checks.

Damn! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Can't I get any action? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

River: (3.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">

Yea Baby!! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Now we just need a Fish to Fry!

SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UtzChips raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">

Wholly Cow! My SB must have 52?

UtzChips caps</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

UtzChips proudly displays his Full House to his Fish.

SB says: Next time you try and trick a fish, makes sure it isn't a Shark, and turns over Pocket Queens.

I think next time........I'll refrain from capping the River. Probably a moronic move on my part, capping that River.

Not a half hour earlier I had this hand, where my opponent showed A5o on the River, so I figure in the hand above, we're the Nutz.

Lesson Learned: Past results and performance by opponents does not guarantee similar performance and results in future hands.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: UtzChips is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UtzChips raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, UtzChips calls.

Flop: (7 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UtzChips checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, UtzChips calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UtzChips checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, UtzChips calls.

River: (6.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UtzChips checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UtzChips raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UtzChips caps</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB
Old 06-24-2007, 07:28 AM

Default Re: Sneaky Play Scores Big

lolz I love it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2007, 07:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lolz I love it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont mean the way he played his hand do you?
Well I enjoyed it too, nicely written.

Nh sir
Old 06-24-2007, 10:55 AM

Don't slowplay two pair in a multiway pot next time [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2007, 11:16 AM

I am intrigued and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am intrigued and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll barter with ya. You teach me how to jump off the dock, onto whatever it is you're jumping on, and I'll PM you whenever I post a silly play with descriptive narrative.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:24 PM

In a 4-handed pot you should usually play fast with top-and-bottom. This hand is a lot more vulnerable than it may seem. If your slowplay actually gets big action on the turn and river it will be because you are losing.

The flop check is fine but you should have checkraised.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:08 PM

cr the flop fo sho, so bad not to. like stella said if u get to put in more than 2 bets on the turn it means ur losing, and likely with 4 calls someone will drop out to a turn bet or the bettor will slow down and ur passing up 2bbs immediately with great equity on all of them and any turn card probably hurts u vs their range since any T now gets more counterfeit outs (ie this isnt a hand ur equity will change dramatically for the better on the turn so itd be worth waiting). Also theres no reason for deception, u wont give away ur hand strenght now that much more than the turn (and theres no reason to people suck and call call call, u can tie them to the pot now when it ll only cost them a sb not a big one) since u should be cr'ing here with any TP hand with 2 people trapped in the middle who just called the flop bet. That said the river cap cant be a huge mistake but id probably call if i didnt think hed 3bet 2x or QT here. capping a T river would be a must.

also that fish guy is retarded, completeing with QQ in the sb yuck

i also see absolutely no reason not to raise the turn in the second hand, u can really only cost urself bets when he ck calls the river (apply zeebos theorem). Barring the rare occurance he donked ace high then finds a fold when he would have hit an A on the river if u just called, which isnt enough of the domain to pass up value now.

funny post tho, entertaining
Old 06-24-2007, 05:47 PM

Much to learn, you still have. Keep posting and listen to the Jedi Knights of 2+2 and improve, you will.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:01 PM

Can't believe I never bothered to notice OP's s/n before.
UTZ &gt; Lays and it's not close. Utz ftw!