Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2007, 01:17 AM

Default NL10 Implied odds and Flushing board

This is normally a standard raise against limpers for me but these limpers are plain awful and at the time I was telling myself I didn't have the implied odds against shorties to raise it up. In light of this I limped. Is this thinking flawed?

So, I hit the flop and decide not to do my standard lead since I havve 3 opponents and 1 is bound to bet and I c/r him. However, I get confused with the bet/call and now I don't know how much to raise. Based on their stacks, is this a simple push?
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($7.30)
UTG ($4.65)
MP ($10.15)
CO ($3.55)
Button ($7.15)
Hero ($16.50)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $0.3</font>, UTG calls $0.20, CO calls $0.20, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($1.20) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.5</font>, CO calls $0.50. Hero?
Stu
Old 06-24-2007, 01:27 AM

Default Re: NL10 Implied odds and Flushing board

i'm perfectly fine w/limping on the SB here. i would make it ~3
Old 06-24-2007, 01:28 AM

I don't mind the limp call PF but my standard play is to raise this up, especially against shortstacks. IMO shortstacks are more likely to play their cards and only their cards so if you raise it up and c-bet a favorable flop they will fold if they missed and call/raise if they hit. As played PF I like leading out this flop. A CR after a bet and a call seems like a very strong line and I would not be surprised if they folded, despite being shortstacks. As played I feel that you have to raise but I don't think a straight shove is optimal as I don't see it getting called that often, especially not by CO as he seems weak (unless he plays a FD like this and is willing to gamble). I would prob raise to $2.40 and if they don't shove back then just get it in on the turn. I think that has a better chance of getting the most value out of this hand as played.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:43 AM

Im not too sure how the NL10 game on Stars plays but a limp/call in SB seems super standard. Raising to something like .7 OOP and missing a set on the flop 7/8 times would be terrible. But if theyre passive enough and fold PF to a raise PF who knows...

Anyway, UTG's lead is weak, CO's call is probably Qx or FD so just raise and make the hand easier to play. Make it 3 and shove all non-spade turns if called.