Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2007, 10:08 PM

Default raise or call with TT and miss bet for value on river?

hi, i wonder if a call should be better since im in early pos. with already a caller,if somone 3 bet flop im not in good shape with not a great hands and OOP if i dont hit set?

low sample
villain vpip 75, PFr 6.5
UT+1 vpip 42.11, PFr 10.53

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 :#A500AF(UT+1)/ calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+1 :#A500AF(UT+1)/ calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UT+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, UT+1 folds.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (6.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

bet for value on river? with that loose guy i thought he could easyly have A small no or KK to JJ wich coulkd be surprising but still he wouldnt rasie with those but call for sure??

Final Pot: 6.75 BB
Old 06-23-2007, 10:13 PM

Default Re: raise or call with TT and miss bet for value on river?

again, bet the river [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

pf you have to raise, and the flop and turn are fine.

on this river yes if you're raised you can probably fold. but if he had an ace or seven he would have raised by now, and it's very unlikely he has a 5, so it's a river value bet.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:22 PM

BBB i have lot of respect for u [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
1 thing,usually we play the hand i did to have a free show down in cas im beat....why u bet so much for value on those,seems to me i loose often vs As etc...

at that level u know as i do they alwasy cold call raise with almost any A and all Ax suited?
Old 06-23-2007, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BBB i have lot of respect for u [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
1 thing,usually we play the hand i did to have a free show down in cas im beat....why u bet so much for value on those,seems to me i loose often vs As etc...

at that level u know as i do they alwasy cold call raise with almost any A and all Ax suited?

[/ QUOTE ]

Will you lose sometimes to a slow played ace here? Of course you will, and you can build reads from that, however, more often than not you will end up finding out that the guy can't let go of a pp or is calling one more because you might be bluffing. A hard lesson to learn at the micros is to value bet these rivers.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:34 PM

Will you lose sometimes to a slow played ace here? Of course you will, and you can build reads from that

totally agree,good point!