Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Call to river or fold?

PokerStars .25/.50 limit 10 max

Hero in BB with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villain 1 no read, just 4 hands into the first orbit UTG+1
Villain 1 no read, just 4 hands into the first orbit Button

V1 raises, V2 calls, Hero calls thinking I will disguise my hand since I almost always raise but ofcourse this is a new table so I guess I should have raised.

Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

V1 bets, V2 raises, Hero?
Old 06-23-2007, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Call to river or fold?

It doesnt matter what you do or how you play post flop. But for the love of God cap pf?
Old 06-23-2007, 07:06 PM

Don't make excuses and cap preflop.

I would just call and see how the turn action comes out. I don't know if I'm ever able to fold this but I would seriously consider it if it came back capped on the flop and two bets cold to me on the turn. It comes down to a case of "they can't *BOTH* be stupid, right?"
Old 06-23-2007, 07:06 PM

2nd nuts means at least one person is lying. I would go 3 bet call the cap then call down. Not 3-betting this pre-flop is bad against unknowns.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars .25/.50 limit 10 max

Hero in BB with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villain 1 no read, just 4 hands into the first orbit UTG+1
Villain 1 no read, just 4 hands into the first orbit Button

V1 raises, V2 calls, Hero calls thinking I will disguise my hand since I almost always raise but ofcourse this is a new table so I guess I should have raised.

Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

V1 bets, V2 raises, Hero?

[/ QUOTE ]

raise pre-flop, 3-bet flop for starters...
Old 06-23-2007, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
V1 raises, V2 calls, Hero calls thinking I will disguise my hand

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...well well well...it backfired and now you have a decision to make. I'd 3 bet and try and make up for my preflop mistake. Hopefully we get HU and dont get stuck in a raising war between Ax and QQ

Seriously, DONT SLOWPLAY THIS WAY. Against unknowns it is bad and this is worse than LRRing AA-KK utg. You give up value and making postflop harder. V1 can have 99-QQ but he could also have KQs etc etc....3 betting preflop tests him and helps define his hand

im ranting because when I see posts where hero plays previous streets like crap and then wants to know how to dig themselves out of the hole they dug for themselves...well, to quote boz...I throw up a little.

seriously, if you HAVE to slowplay AA-KK then do it when you are UTG and you are at a table where everyone is very tight and aggressive (even then I still raise cos thats what i do)....doing it when UTG raises and gets a cold call is wrong wrong wrong

ozi

ps dont take this rant personally because its more of a general rant with you as the lucky OP..but do take the constructive criticism for what it is worth. Youll often see regulars getting fired up about bad plays and whilst the choice of words isnt always complimentary the good intention is there and just perhaps they are trying to drive home a key and important point...some people get all pissy and leave the forums...some stick around and actually get better at poker. Please stick around the forums, do your session review and your on you way to winning monies at poker. goodluck.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:54 PM

Thanks for the concern, I really appreciate it.

Ofcourse, when one looks back on the hand using PokerTracker one immediately seesthe mistake and chringes [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I has been amazing just reading the posts on the other topics and I think I have learned alot and hope to apply it in future sessions. I have no interest in posting my good plays because fortune is easy to play.

BTW, Villain 1 holds K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain 2 has A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero calls on the flop and V1 calls.

Turn 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero checks, V1 bets, V2 raises, Hero calls, V1 calls

River 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero checks, V1 checks, V2 bets and we call.

PS. When one plays badly, one needs to be chastised [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2007, 08:20 PM

I dunno, I can't really blame you for calling down post flop. I know personally I would have a tough time letting this go.

Just a rule of thumb, 'disguise my hand' and 'preflop' should probably not be used in the same sentance either.

Also since you are big blind, shouldn't you have been first to act on the flop? Did you check?
Old 06-23-2007, 08:58 PM

You are correct. I did check...badly played hand.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:14 AM

Hero goes to the [censored] mat on this hand, at least on the flop. He has the second nuts and neither of his Villains are playing like they have the absolute nuts. If the turn gets capped, I'd reevaluate then.