Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2007, 04:47 AM

Default Facing agrassion from loose passive players

I (think) i have a problems laying down semi good hands against loose passive players (against aggresive players i would call down in this situation. But how much should i trust a loose passive player.

Eg.
i have second pair A kicker on flop on a flush draw board
i bet he raises i call. Turn he bets, I ?????

I turn top two pair at same time 3 clubs is on the board. He bets i raise he 3 bets. Can i fold.

I have AA the board is QQ2 i bet the flop and the turn and get checkraised on the turn. Can i fold.

In alot of situations like this i call down and loose 2 extra big bets [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Sometimes i see players like these suddenly make some sick moves that does not match their pokertracker stats. But does that justify calling down ????
Old 06-23-2007, 05:46 AM

Default Re: Facing agrassion from loose passive players

[ QUOTE ]
i have second pair A kicker on flop on a flush draw board
i bet he raises i call. Turn he bets, I ?????

[/ QUOTE ]

This really depends. Be sure to know how loose passive he is. If you are looking at his AF be sure that you have a big enough sample. At least a few hundred hands. You should also remember to evaluate his AF compared to his VPIP. A VPIP/AF combo of 60/1 is actually pretty aggro postflop.

If I have enough hands and villain is 35/5/0.5 in that example I can lay my hand down. If he is 60/15/1 its a very easy call down.

[ QUOTE ]
I have AA the board is QQ2 i bet the flop and the turn and get checkraised on the turn. Can i fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again. Be sure to know how passive he is. As a default tho I am not folding ever in that spot. I would need a REALLY good read.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:40 AM

I have this problem too. Many times I have had a good read on somebody but I still can't make the fold with TPGK. I think you generally need a very good read. Stats arent enough for me. Some LPs get semibluffy with draws so you should watch that out. Many also get aggro on flop but NEVER raise/bet the big streets without goods.

From your examples, the first one is more of a fold to me than the second one. If a true loose passive neverbet player raises and I have only 2nd pair I'm folding the flop and not even waiting for the turn. But I couldn't fold AA in that spot even though Q is so likely. People do crazy things on paired boards, the loose passive fish might think his pocket pair is nuts there.

I'm going to make a special note for this kind of players, "true-LP" which means "fold if he raises". And I'm going to start making these folds! Of course, if I see them betting/raising without the goods even once, the note is gone and I'm back to calling down. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I turn top two pair at same time 3 clubs is on the board. He bets i raise he 3 bets. Can i fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

This also depends on how much money is in the pot. This turn has 5 BB in it alone so it would depend on how much went in pf and on the flop for it to be reasonable for you to draw to 4 outs. You also have to factor in that Villain doesn't always have a flush here but sometimes has a lesser made hand.