Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 11:38 PM

Default last 1 for tonight:) was i too agressif?

i raise preflop since i had the button and this time to get value of i hit big?
i would 3 bet with TT like i said earlier but not with 99,only vs limper i do raise with lot callers...

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

just want to say if a K,8 or any heart hit the turn i just call from there to catch full house,but i doubt he would had T8 there so i did what i was told raise when u think have best hand on turn!

River: (14.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

i chicken out to raise,maybe i was wrong so i only call

Final Pot: 16.75 BB
Old 06-22-2007, 11:44 PM

Default Re: last 1 for tonight:) was i too agressif?

raise the flop, it makes the hand a lot easy to play. I dont think BB will lead out with a made straight or straight draw on the flop. I put him on 2 pair, so i raise the river
Old 06-22-2007, 11:46 PM

well i w8 the turn to raise since i couldnt protect the pot on the flop and i had 2 much bad cards that could come off on the turn to kill my hand,so instaed of wasting bets on flop(it would of gone to a cap probbaly and others player in the hand wouldnt fold the turn since the pot would of been too big i think) since i couldnt protect it i w8 turn to jam it to see if a nice cards would come off since my odds to win would of been lot greater on the turn, if bad cards came then i just call turn to see if i can hit full house and call river anyway since big pot with a set.
nice cards felt so i jam up to make him pay is draw or is 2 pair hands or w/e..
maybe i was wrong...
Old 06-22-2007, 11:50 PM

No possible card could come on the turn to "kill" your hand. Opponents have to have precisely T8 or JJ, both unlikely, to be ahead. Go to the max before they hit the card that improves them.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:53 PM

well like i said any heart K and 8 im beat.....thats like 13 outs...and that is w/o saying he might have straight already...
i rather put lot of bets when im a favorite and not just even money(13 or 14 outs and up if im correct),and make him capp it and raise him when the bets are more expensive
and pull the trigger when i feel im a bigger favorite there
Old 06-22-2007, 11:58 PM

Even if any of those cards come, you have as many outs to beat them on the river (10) as they do to overtake you on the turn.

On the turn, they have the same set of outs to beat you, but now you have no redraws. So what's the difference whether or not you jam the flop or the turn?

You are a substantial favorite on the flop. Raise.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:04 AM

cause it wasnt heads up,so if i raise and capped the flop ,will be more difficult to make others players fold since the pot will be bigger.
like i said i w8 to the turn to protect that hand better cause the flop wouldnt be possible i tought...
Old 06-23-2007, 12:14 AM

your hand is big enough, why do you need to protect it?.. maximize your value first.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:29 AM

You're winning this pot roughly one-third of the time just based on the full house draw alone. Add to that the times that you're ahead, but neither you nor your opponents improve, and you're taking down this pot a majority of the time. Therefore, YOU WANT THE POT TO BE BIGGER, BECAUSE YOU'RE WINNING IT LOTS.

No draw is folding. Therefore, you charge them the maximum to hit it. If they do, oh well; besides you still have the full-house redraw that kills whatever they can possibly draw to.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:24 PM

well i tought like this:
2 player vs me = probably gutshot draw there if not straight already,lot of out can beat me K,8,any heart,T,Q.
and for 2 street...what i dont take into account is if they hit there hand i have strong redraw(35%).
wish we could calculate where my hands get stronger,in the sense if my % to win increase slightly or increase dramaticaaly on the turn?
i dont think i have more then 50% chance to win on the flop vs 2 player compare to much higher % to win with the turn cards that appeared.
if a scared cards would of com eon turn then i would of just call and not raise.

another point, if i raise on the flop,a guy with a gutshot will have enough odds to call the turn with only gutshot draw.
i think he make a mistake if he call a raise on the turn when no raise happened on the flop since odds are less .
moreover,that i raise or not on the flop no one will fold on flop but they might only check to me on turn when i raise flop while, when i w8 turn to raise ,i knew i would of been bet into and could raise to make them pay their draw more expensive on the turn.

finally if i was wrong then i made terrible mistake on the river for not raising.
cause the situtaion compare tot he flop hasnt change with turn and river cards.
if i was capping or rasing flop,i should of raise turn and river if i follow your thinking right?