Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 07:38 PM

Default NOT HENRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant believe this. I am devastated. He was the reason why i would tune in to the premiership, which is by far the best league in the world. He was the only talent in the same category as the King himself.

He was the captain of his team, the backbone of his side, a legend in the making. Now he is going to a team which has two or three players as good as him. He will not shine as bright and he is so good, he deserves the solo performance.

This is gutting.

And in my opinion Arsene was willing to sell him and had made up his mind the minute they feigned his injury after being knocked out of champions league.

One thing about henry is that he doesnt shine in the big games, and in two of the biggest games he will ever play in the same year (ch. leage final and wc final), one i witnessed live, he didnt put 20% of the effort that was required from a man of his skill.

But all in all, i think its a terrible move, and he should have stayed with arsenal, because it was his team. Now he is just another great player, but in London he was a God.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:50 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.
Default Re: NOT HENRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
He was the reason why i would tune in to the premiership, which is by far the best league in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

no.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:12 PM

Hotmark, I agree to some extent with your post. But, I don't feel for Henry all that much. He could have stayed at Arsenal for his whole career and gone down as a legend, but he has decided to be selfish(IMO) and move onto a club where he won't be top billing. Maybe he sees the writing on the wall and knows he lost some of his pace. We all know the Premiership is so fast paced and strength is important. Old players only seem to do well at smaller clubs.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I cant believe this. I am devastated. He was the reason why i became an Arsenal supporter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Au revoir Thierry. Merci pour les souvenirs.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:00 PM

But maybe he decided it was time to win some trophies. No offence to Arsenal but they're not gonna win the Prem next year. And, if he has any loyalty to the Gunners, he won't leave for another English side. So, at age 29, it seems to make sense that he leaves for pastures new in Spain.

Good luck to him.

This might signal the end for Eto'o though, with Liverpool being touted as potential suitors. This transfer could be the start of a striker merry-go-round.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I cant believe this. I am devastated. He was the reason why i would tune in to the premiership, which is by far the best league in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]
If it's the best league in the world wouldn't there be other reasons to tune in?
Old 06-22-2007, 11:49 PM

I would vote for a Fantasy Sports forum if it meant this thread gets moved there.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:31 AM

He was twice runners up for the world player of the year. Once in my opinion zidane unfairly won it and i even think he was shocked.

Even if barcelona win the champions league and la liga, it wont necessarily mean that the he wins the best players award.

Last year if Henry had won those two finals, he would have scooped every prize on the planet.

There are many great players in the premiership, but Henry was a class on his own. He was above the rest, and one of maybe three or four players in the world who you could just tune in and expect something wonderful every game.

And about winning titles, i think even last year arsenal had a decent seasn and proved they are a team to be feared. I cant believe he jumped ship just after one mediocre season.

I dont know how arsene is shipping his stars year after year. First viera which is still a terrible move, then pires, and cambell, and not henry. I dont get it. And no single player has been as good as the ones he has transferred out.

Who the hell is he going to get instead of henry now. What a loss to the premiership.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:39 AM

One thing is for sure, the EPL lost a legend today. This was a guy a lot of us grew up watching and trying to emulate. GL in Spain.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:54 AM

And the 24 million euro price tag is a joke. If ribery was sold for 23 and drogba bought for 30, they should have sold him for at least 40.

One year ago, Henry wouldnt have been sold for less than 50 million Euros, and for those who didnt know, abramovich made a serious offer of 70 million POUNDS for Thierry Henry which arsenal rejected. It was his first objective after he bought Chelsea.

I think people's memories are too short and although by his standards last season was bad for him, he still scored 15 goals which is above the average rate for the premiership striker.

And lets not forget he was top goal scorer i believe 4 or 5 seasons in a row.

This is unreal....