Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 07:29 PM

Location: 7 Windsor Rd, Wellow, Hants, UK - Pls don\'t rape me ; )
Default Tough Trips hand (is this line correct)

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($49)
SB ($107.10)
BB ($55.85)
Hero ($55.85)
MP ($36.15)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Hero calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1.5</font>, BB calls $1.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4.5</font>, SB calls $3, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $21</font>, Hero calls $15, SB folds.

Turn: ($46.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $35.85 (All-In)</font>, BB calls $35.85 (All-In).

River: ($118.20) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $118.20

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB doesn't show.
Hero has Kc Tc (flush, king high).
BB has Ks 2h (full house)
Outcome: BB wins $118.20. </font>

Villain: 39/7/0.5
Old 06-22-2007, 07:32 PM

Default Re: Tough Trips hand (is this line correct)

You commited most of your stack while you were ahead. So yes.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:47 PM

Preflop - I don't like open limping as a rule, and especially not UTG with K10. If you get raised you're having to fold pretty much 100% of the time, and a decent opponent will start stealing from you every time you limp.

Another reason not to limp is the blinds get a free look and can stack you with their random holdings - like this hand. So from UTG I'd fold this preflop.

I like your aggressive line on the flop although I'm a bit confused. Obviously there are no draws out there so you are solely raising to build the pot, which seems to be working well. When you get reraised you then slow down and call - is this because you are worried that villain is already full or has you outkicked? If this is the case then why bet the turn (edit: especially when the villain has already check raised the flop huge)? Just wondering why you don't get it in on the flop if you think you are ahead - which is a pretty reasonable assumption (66, AK, KQ would all raise preflop, leaving only KJ or K6), as there are no draws to be worried about.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:52 PM

Location: 7 Windsor Rd, Wellow, Hants, UK - Pls don\'t rape me ; )

There wasn't any definate reason for calling, i figured him for a K but thought that if i shoved he may fold a hand like K2, and call with KJ. AK and KQ are raising pre-flop so i figured i was good. Basically i didnt want to scare him off. But yes he was never folding so flop shove would have been simpler.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:55 PM

Get your money in on the flop/ and stop open limping UTG with KTs
Old 06-22-2007, 07:56 PM

Position is so important to us and helps make easy decisions.

Raising PF can help fold out junk hands that could potentially out play you w/ position.

So either raise or fold PF, depending on how you feel your post flop game is, you're life will become much easier.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There wasn't any definate reason for calling, i figured him for a K but thought that if i shoved he may fold a hand like K2, and call with KJ. AK and KQ are raising pre-flop so i figured i was good. Basically i didnt want to scare him off. But yes he was never folding so flop shove would have been simpler.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody is folding trips eva at these stakes.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Get your money in on the flop/ and stop open limping UTG with KTs

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-22-2007, 10:10 PM

I fold to the flop 3bet
Old 06-22-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold to the flop 3bet

[/ QUOTE ]

why? This is a limped pot, versus the bb with any 2, by the time he 3bets and given his af his range is Kx 66 and very rarely AA. IF this we're a raised pot I agree with the fold since we only beat K9 but he could have any kicker here. Sometimes we'll lose to KJ-KQ and 66 but there are enough other Kx combinations to push the flop. I don't mind the flop call to get it in on the turn either. I also raise KTs pf