Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 01:34 PM

Default QQ get\'s donked on river in big pot.

UTG sucks stats are about 35/20, but spews left, right and center post flop. No read on BB, but taggish stats after about 50.

Stars 3/6

Hero is HJ with red QQ

Utg raises, hero 3-bets, co folds, button calls, sb calls, bb calls, UTG caps, all call.

Flop Ks8d2c

UTG bets, hero raises, button and UTG call

Turn 3s

check, check, I bet, both call

River 8c

BB bets, UTG folds, hero calls
Old 06-22-2007, 01:36 PM

Default Re: QQ get\'s donked on river in big pot.

why raise the flop?
Old 06-22-2007, 01:39 PM

Huge pot, any 3-5 outers I fold I'm very happy with. UTG has the king here like never.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why raise the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise the flop as well. The pot is big and I want folds even from hands that hasnt got much eq.

As played I really think its a fold on the river. BB has AK or KQ always.

BTW I would consider checking behind the turn, when BB coldcalls the flop you are screwed.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:46 PM

how can he never have a king he capped preflop
is his range significantly wider than the standard jj-aa ak? we are wa/wb and not a favourite vs that range so I don't think our hand is strong enough to raise for protection, especially since all we can really hope to protect from is an ace from the button

edit: I just noticed that the SB and BB are in there too. I think this makes it a raise because an ace is getting a great price and pocket pairs will call one as well with implied odds
Old 06-22-2007, 02:07 PM

I raise flop, i give up after BTNs cold call on this totally drawless board and fold when he bets ( i take it the turn action is messed up and u didnt somehow get position on button, but rather it went ck u bet call call).

the river as played is also a fold, theres no hands he needs to bluff (no draws missed) and the pot is protected, his donk is expecting to be called in one of two spots esp the way u and utg played ur hands so far.

edit: now im guessing the flop action is messed up and that should say utg and bb call. I still give up ont he turn after BBs cold call here having called 3 cold pre, hes got KQ or AK.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:38 PM

Oops, flop action is incorrect, BB and UTG call, not button
Old 06-22-2007, 05:20 PM

I like flop raise with 3 to act behind you but I hate the turn bet. When 2 players cold call 2 bets behind you, you're pretty much toast. I'd be delighted for turn to check all the way through. When BB wakes up on the river, a fold has to be correct even though the pot is huge.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:49 PM

Default Results

BB shows AQo, MHIG.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:28 PM

I love the way you played it on every Street.

I count 6 people putting 4 bets PF. 3 putting in 2 on the Flop and 3 putting in 1 BB on the Turn. That's 19 BBs.

There is no way I am laying down my Qs. I have no doubt, that at least 1 in 18 times, BB will have JJ/TT/99.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you find that when there is a maniac at the table, people start hanging around longer, with less and making moves on the last street when they have a minimal hand.

I've seen it at 10/20 live games all the time.

Here the BB is just calling, calling, calling.

River comes and pairs the middle card. He doesn't believe either one of you have a King, and he can't beat Kings if you do, and his only hope is to bet his 99/TT/JJ, getting 18-1 and hope you two buy it.

I know that I will catch em at least 1 time in 18 the rest of my life in games like that and am confident that I'll catch em 1 in 15.

No freaking way am I folding.

Last time I was in Atlantic City, I was on the Button with the Flush to my 89 on the Turn. Broadway was on board and the Pot was well over $300.00. It was checked to me, I bet, the SB called, the BB raised. The CO called.

The River didn't 4 Flush, SB checked BB bet, CO called, I called, SB folded. CO had two pair. BB as I said, had Broadway with outs to his lone Ace to the Flush.

The BB raised with Broadway and the Ace to the Flush. He had 7 outs. He knew I had the Flush on the Turn. He was a very good player. I don't care how many hands beat my Flush, I'm calling the $20 on the Turn and the $20 on the River, every day, the rest of my life.

Not the same kind of situation, as your BB may not have had nearly as many outs, but it's a perfect opportunity, getting 18-1, to put one BB in there and see what happens.

You all haven't heard from him the whole hand say anything but call,call,call,call,call.......BET.

The Pot is too freaking big to go and muck your hand.