Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 06:29 AM

Default NL10 6max: 2pair with spade draw gets raised

I once in a while run in to situations where I have a decent hand that could improve to be likely the best if not already.

EverestPoker Game #1703206984: Table Roseau-32 - $0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em - 10:11:08 - 2007/06/22
Seat 1: Hero ($13.21)
Seat 2: ($7.47)
Seat 3: ($3.27)
Seat 4: ($7.69)
Seat 5: ($9.76)
Seat 6: Villain ($9.58)
sb posts the small blind of $0.05
bb posts the big blind of $0.10
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero[K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
player folds
player calls $0.10
Villain raises to $0.45
Heffarao calls $0.45
player folds
player folds
player calls $0.35
*** FLOP *** [6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
player checks
Villain bets $1.50
Hero calls $1.50
player folds
*** TURN *** [6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] [K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Villain bets $4.50
Hero?

Without position I would probably not have called his bet.
What do you do in my spot? do you call the flop bet? What to do after his turn raise?

Villain is a somewhat cautios player not too tight, though.
No further reads on him.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:44 AM

Default Re: NL10 6max: 2pair with spade draw gets raised

"sb posts the small blind of $0.05
bb posts the big blind of $0.10"

Your converter knows teh pokah go0t, I see. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I don't like your preflop cold call. Esp. against an unknown. Your hand is easily dominated and can get you in a real trap. If you wouldn't reraise it in this spot, don't call.

On the flop, you have a combo draw to the nutstraight, to the 2nd nut flush and trips/2pair which might ameliorate your being dominated by AK, KQ, AJ etc. I'd definetely raise him there. He's $7.5 left and the pot is $3, so a PSB would be $6 with $1.5 to call. So you can push right there, imo.
As played, I push the turn. You win against all the big aces, you have a good draw against sets. Only AT and 9T have you in bad shape and those two holdings are the only ones that make sense with regard to a flopped flush if he is indeed rather timid and won't raise any suited A preflop.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:59 AM

i can't find a converter for everest so i edited the names and this is how it looks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
If somebody knows one please tell me.

question: isnt the nutstraight a real longshot on the flop.
I dont go after runner runner situations in that spot. The Flush is the only thing that makes me call here
I dont know if I should reraise on the flop.it commits you to the pot without knowing too much. If you think otherwise please explain.

thx
Old 06-22-2007, 08:04 AM

Yeah, I misread the board and thought you had an OESD. Sorry.
Because of the danger of being dominated, I think a raise isn't too good. A call isn't genius either, because he is betting strongly and a 4th spade could easily be an action stopper unless he has you dominated (which is pretty likely if you get action on another spade card). I think you are setting yourself up for a very costly situation there. On the turn, you probably still sucked out. So I still push there.