Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 10:36 PM

Default Weird money situation with a roommate/friend oot help?

CLIFF NOTES AT BOTTOM :.

Ok OOT, the other night while I decided to play tournaments for the evening and loaded several up. I ran bad in all of my tournies and didn't cash in a single one and was getting frustrated/tired of playing. At this time I only have 1 table left and it's the 26 dollar 14k 6 max that runs late on FTP. I was getting bored/pissed and I wanted to smoke, so I asked if he would finish the tourney for me. He said no and I said i'd give him 50% of what he won.

After luckboxing, we ended up getting 2nd. I say we, because even though I got up, I watched and dictated every play while his only actionns were clicking what action i wanted. Basically I played the whole tourney and got 2nd while having someone click and make my bets for me.

Now.. the problem. 1k is a prety good amt. of money for him but it's no small amt. for me either. I don't want to be a dick and give him nothing b/c I am a man of my word and he is a friend so I want to help him out. The only thing is, I feel like 50% is an absurd amt. to give someone who literally didin't play a single hand in the tournament on his own from pretty much and down. (He is a terrible player irl). I am thinking of offering him 500 instead, but my question is does that make me a scumbag?

Keep in mind I obv. wasn't expecting to do anywhere decent b/c at the time he took over we were 200 out of the money and I had 8 bbs in a 6 max tourney. All replies are appreciated.

CLIFF NOTES : I tell roommate i'll give him 50% of profit if he takes over for me in a tournament i'm doing poorly in tha tstill has tons of runners. I end up playing every hand by telling him what I want to do and he just clicks. We end up getting 2nd. He wants 1k, I think it migh tbe too much and want to offer 500. Am i a scumbag for doing this?
Old 06-21-2007, 10:41 PM

Default Re: Weird money situation with a roommate/friend oot help?

You told him 50% you owe him 50% and scumbag would be to nice of a word for you if you welch on this. You are not a friend

Edit: You are actually a loser for even thinking of jipping him.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:41 PM

You owe him the 1k. If you were telling him what to do you should have just told him to leave and sat down. But since he was involved in the tourney from when you asked him to start playing you should pay up.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:43 PM

you shouldnt have to ask...

1k for sure...
Old 06-21-2007, 10:43 PM

you promised, you pay. this is incredibly easy. sucks that you made that deal, but you also got 2nd - that's awesome, enjoy the money and don't be a nit.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:44 PM

Pay what you owe or face the consequences beeyotch
Old 06-21-2007, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pay what you owe or face the consequences beeyotch

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya.....and it's not even a "weird" situation. This dude is an ass.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:49 PM

WTF you weren't expecting to do well, you already counted the turny as a loss....and then you luckbox your way to big money and you don't want to pay? I wouldn't be angry about having to pay your friend, I'd be happy that I luckboxed my way into 1k I didn't expect in the first place.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:50 PM

Jamie, is that you?

Stop being a niggard and pay the dude what you agreed to.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:50 PM

I'm not trying to be an [censored], and maybe I should reiterate. I played every hand of the tournament verbally, he just click what I told him to. Had I left completely and he got 2nd without any of my assistance I would obv. pay the 1k no questions asked. I am merely inquiring as to whether or not me offering 25% to him for doing nothing makes me a scumbag if I offered him 50% first. Had he busto'd the tourney he wouldn't have owed me anything.
Closed Thread