Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2007, 11:10 AM

Default NL10 - AA facing all in push on a drawy board

Been playing only a few hands on that table so no real read on anybody.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP2 ($9.15)
MP3 ($4.55)
Hero ($11.10)
Button ($13.65)
SB ($3.80)
BB ($12.60)
UTG ($10.80)
UTG+1 ($5.45)
MP1 ($17.90)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls $0.10, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.3</font>, Button calls $0.30, SB calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls $0.20.

Flop: ($1.30) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.7</font>, Button folds, SB calls $0.70, MP3 folds.

Turn: ($2.70) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $2.8 (All-In)</font>, Hero ???
Old 06-21-2007, 11:14 AM

Default Re: NL10 - AA facing all in push on a drawy board

FWIW I would have bet more preflop, more like 75% of the pot.

I probably call turn, but then again I love Aces. They are my only friend. Along with alcohol and rabbits.

ETA sorry bet more POST flop, I'm hungover...
Old 06-21-2007, 11:41 AM

Bet more pre, bet more on the flop and then villain will only have like 2.20 left and the pot will be way bigger too making the decision way easier.
as played iŽd fold. 4 people seeing the flop on call you flop bet and pushes when the spades draw gets there.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:37 PM

People do the weirdest crap at 10NL. I can't tell you how many times someone's c/c with with top pair or 2 pair as a slow play then pushed a scare card for no apparent reason. Had a guy catch a flush on the turn against my 2 pair, smooth call my bet, then push into my boat when the board made trips. If I didn't have the As I might fold but I'm calling this.

When you're behind you have at least 7 outs but you could have more than that if he does this with 2 pair and you'll have the best hand fairly often when he does this with KsJ or QsJ. I don't like folding aces to idiot shortstackers at 10NL especially if I'm drawing live.

And raise more preflop, bet more post flop. People will call.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People do the weirdest crap at 10NL. I can't tell you how many times someone's c/c with with top pair or 2 pair as a slow play then pushed a scare card for no apparent reason. Had a guy catch a flush on the turn against my 2 pair, smooth call my bet, then push into my boat when the board made trips. If I didn't have the As I might fold but I'm calling this.

When you're behind you have at least 7 outs but you could have more than that if he does this with 2 pair and you'll have the best hand fairly often when he does this with KsJ or QsJ. I don't like folding aces to idiot shortstackers at 10NL especially if I'm drawing live.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why raise more preflop? With AA you want to get money into pot, sure, but you don't want to raise so much that you blow people off... surely you want people hanging around postflop as well to donate more?

postflop with that board - yep, BIIIG raise...
Old 06-21-2007, 03:47 PM

on account of the limper the "standard" is a raise to 0.5 pf. w/your pf raise people are getting excellent odds to see the flop. also bet more on flop, &gt;= $1.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why raise more preflop? With AA you want to get money into pot, sure, but you don't want to raise so much that you blow people off... surely you want people hanging around postflop as well to donate more?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when does raising to .50 or even .60 ever cause people to fold in 10NL?
Old 06-21-2007, 10:19 PM

Try to get as much $ in the pot when you have the best hand.