Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2007, 03:05 AM

Default River Decision with Pocket Qs H/U

This hand gets h/u PF against someone who is not multi-tabling, and who at the start had not been playing a lot of hands. The table, however, became 5 handed and he loosened up. A 6th player had arrived shortly before this hand.

When I left the game, he had only been dealt in on 47 hands, and VPIP was 34% at the end, so I have very little info, however, he only played 2 hands from the HJ. This one and another that didn't go to showdown and where he didn't raise PF.

His Raise FI% was 10.64% at the end of the session. Overall PF raise was 17.02%.
He went to SD 33.33% of the time and won 71% of his SDs. Nothing out of line had been showdown by him.

It was folded to him in the HJ and he open/raised and I 3-bet him PF with my QQ and he flat called.

When the Flop brings only 1 card in the playing range and he checks, I figure I'm getting little, if any, action on this hand. He calls, which I would assume standard with Ax since there are 7 bets in the pot.

The Turn brings an 8, a 2nd heart and a possible Straight Draw to Q9s, which is a reasonable hand to put him on, since playing suited cards of A6,K7,Q9,J9,T9 & 98 from the HJ is not unreasonable.

He just calls my Turn bet and check again on the River, when a Flush & Straight are possible, not to mention Two Pair to JTs.

So: what do you consider in this particular situation before determining what to do?

I would conclude that there is very little he could have that would have him ck/calling me on the River with. I don't multi-table and don't hide from search, so if he cared, he would know that my attention is focused on this hand only.

I would think a Set would have ck/raised me on the Turn, so if he was drawing to something other than 2 overs, he just very well may have made a better hand on the River....but go for the ck/raise? He made his hand.
He has to figure me for calling his bet 100% of the time.

If I'll bet after he checks 50% of the time and call his ck/raise 50% of the time, it's profitable for him to go for the ck/raise, correct?

Is there any reason I should bet this River for value?

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: UtzChips is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UtzChips 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">UtzChips bets</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">UtzChips bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (6.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">UtzChips ??
Old 06-21-2007, 03:13 AM

Default Re: River Decision with Pocket Qs H/U

Very standard river bet here, He'll call you on the river with any pair. If he's got you beat, well unfortunately thats poker.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:16 AM

you don t give his AF no??
i easy value bet he can have any pair on the board.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you don t give his AF no??
i easy value bet he can have any pair on the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Total AF: 2.38; Flop: 3.0 Turn: 2.67 River: 1.00
Old 06-21-2007, 03:59 AM

Utz

I said it before. STOP OVERTHINKING EASY SPOTS! Just bet. Not betting here is burning money
Old 06-21-2007, 04:10 AM

what's the problem here? bet
Old 06-21-2007, 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Utz

I said it before. STOP OVERTHINKING EASY SPOTS! Just bet. Not betting here is burning money

[/ QUOTE ]

Oink,

Do I fold to a ck/raise on the River?
Old 06-21-2007, 06:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Utz

[/ QUOTE ]

Oink,

Do I fold to a ck/raise on the River?

[/ QUOTE ]

i would call. you dont have a certain read!
Old 06-21-2007, 06:17 AM

If he was passive I could fold to a checkraise, but a rather aggro player like this may put you on AK and hit his inferior KJ, AJ, QJ and may go for a checkraise and fold to a 3bet. On the other hand he may have caught a lot here as two pairs or the like and you will be behind. But when he raises you you nearly get odds 1:10 on your call so I think a call is mandatory.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would conclude that there is very little he could have that would have him ck/calling me on the River with. I don't multi-table and don't hide from search, so if he cared, he would know that my attention is focused on this hand only.

[/ QUOTE ]

what about aj,kj,at,kt,Qt,t9

maybe you should stop thinking that all players are as serious as you.. they might play poker just for fun.. and do things that are obviously stupid!

also youre sample size is too small. What is his standards for calling down? it might be overcards?! and btw he could be putting you on tx for instance and therefore c/r the river with kj