Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 11:32 PM

Default Pot odds programs

Hi,

I'm wondering if any of you know of any programs that calculate pot odds for you (and hopefully display them on screen like pokerace HUD does) The most common problem im having is when im playing on full tilt and someone who has me covered raises me allin. The pot total then contains all his chips and thus im not getting the amount that im elgible to win to punch into the calculator that i have open on the side. I often forget this (i just did it a couple of minites ago) and it's really starting to frustrate me. Can anyone help?
Old 06-20-2007, 12:10 AM

Default Re: Pot odds programs

On Stars at least, he'll have a bet in front of him. The pot minus his bet will tell you what the pot was, and then you add YOUR stack to figure out the new pot size.

Say you're playing a hand and not paying attention, you check the turn and he bets his remaining $6. You have $3 left, and the pot shows $10. Before his bet, the pot was $4 (10-6), and you'd have to call $3 for a $7 pot.

A slightly more complicated scenario, same setup: You bet $1 on the turn (without looking at the pot size? doh.), and he raises all-in. He can bet your stack PLUS the bet you already made. So if you had $3, bet 1, he shoves his 6 and the pot shows $10, subtract 6 to see what the pot was before his bet ($4), then add his effective bet ($2 you still have plus the $1 you committed). Pot is actually 7, and it costs you 2 to call.

[edited for correct math]
Old 06-20-2007, 12:33 AM

www.pokeroffice.com

Has HUD display as well as pot odds for any hand. There is a 300 hand trial, then you have to pay $$$.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:36 AM

No offense, but anyone with a 10th grade education should be able to do a reasonable equivalent in his/her head.

Hover your mouse over the chips in front of opponent, and subtract the difference between his bet and your stack from the pot.