Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 07:21 PM

Default 50nl: AA

Villain is 20/12/2 after 90 hands.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $84.75
BB: $45.00
Hero (UTG): $70.45
CO: $94.65
BTN: $63.35

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, CO calls $2.00, 3 folds

Flop: ($4.75) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.00</font>, CO calls $3.00

Turn: ($10.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $8.00</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $34.75</font>
Old 06-19-2007, 07:27 PM

Default Re: 50nl: AA

Looks like an easy fold.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:12 PM

Insta-call!!! Looks more like a pair and a draw. Even if he does have you, u still got some outs.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:14 PM

wow this is a really easy fold.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:39 AM

I know villain cant have a high pair, he would have re-raised me pf.And after that we beat very few hands..bah after thinking about 3sec I know its an easy fold, whyyyyyy cant I fold during the hand [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ofc he had me beat with 22.
But I didnt had much of a read, how often do we see a weaker hand make this play against us?And what kind of player would do this?
Old 06-20-2007, 08:27 AM

How have you been playing? Have you double-barrel bluffed after preflop raises? Also has villain seen you raise low/mid pairs in EP preflop because if so he could put you on pairs lower then nines(not sets) or if you're tight he might think you'll possibly fold tens as well. If villain is ahead I would think the most likely hand he has if he's playing his hands correctly is KQ hearts or JT hearts and he flat called the flop to get more of your money into the pot on the turn. I think if he has a set he should raise the flop.

I should maybe add 89 suited and T9 suited (both obv non hearts) in here, because I think these are fair calls for villain in position.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:41 AM

Call is the worst reaction. Either fold or come over the top. Depends mostly on what you think about the player and the situation. If you think he can pull of a semi-bluff with Kh here, come over the top. If you think he won't do it without at least a flush, it's an easy fold. The stacks being deepish and the board being paired, which makes it more likely that you are possibly drawing dead or at least very slim, makes this a fold for me most of the time.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Insta-call!!! Looks more like a pair and a draw. Even if he does have you, u still got some outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but a call is really atrocious. The pot will be $80 and you have $40 of your initial $70 stack in the pot. So you don't even have a half pot bet left. How can you fold a push on a blank river then getting 110:30? How often do you think you are ahead then? How often do you think you are drawing dead here? Calling on this turn is really really bad.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow this is a really easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-20-2007, 08:56 AM

You are hardly ever going to get raised by an overpair there. You aren't getting raised by 78 unless it's 7h8h. You also probably aren't getting raised by 2 pair. I think the best you can hope for is trip 9s where you are drawing to more than 2 outs. You really would have been better off without the Ah. Kind of trapped you there.

I also don't know about betting the turn. What are you hoping to accomplish with that? That's really only getting value out of TT or JJ. Any heart draw is drawing dead. Any made hand has you crushed. Any top pair hand that didn't have you crushed now has you crushed.