Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Ron Paul being excluded again!!

For those that care and are on the Ron Paul bandwagon he needs your help. This is an e-mail I recieved from Dr. Pauls campaign manager describing how Dr Paul is being excluded from an Iowa Republican event. It includes contact information for those responsible. If you do not care then disregard my post but for those that believe in Dr.Paul and his ideals now is another time to respond. I posted this in Legislation forum and got flamed so I am re-posting it here. The e-mail is as follows:

June 19, 2007

Iowans for Tax Relief and Iowa Christian Alliance will host a presidential candidates forum on Saturday, June 30th in Des Moines. Republican presidential candidates Mitt Romney, Sam Brownback, Jim Gilmore, Mike Huckabee, Tommy Thompson, and Tom Tancredo will participate.

Ron Paul, however, will not participate. Why? Because he wasn’t invited.

We heard about this forum from numerous supporters in Iowa who asked why Dr. Paul was not going to participate. Those supporters assumed that Dr. Paul was invited.

The campaign office had not received an invitation so we called this morning; thinking we might have misplaced the invitation or simply overlooked it. Lew Moore, our campaign manager, called Mr. Edward Failor, an officer of Iowans for Tax Relief, to ask about it. To our shock, Mr. Failor told us Dr. Paul was not invited; he was not going to be invited; and he would not be allowed to participate. And when asked why, Mr. Failor refused to explain. The call ended.

Lew then called Mr. Steve Sheffler, president of the Iowa Christian Alliance, to talk with him. Mr. Sheffler did not answer so Lew left a message. He has yet to respond.

Why are the Iowans for Tax Relief and the Iowa Christian Alliance excluding the one Republican candidate who scored at the top of every online poll taken after the MSNBC, Fox News, and CNN debates? Why are they denying Iowans the opportunity to hear from the Republican presidential candidate whose popularity is growing by the day?

We couldn’t get answers to these questions from Messrs. Failor and Sheffler. Maybe you’ll have better luck. Their contact information is below.

It's ironic that on the same day we learned the Iowans for Tax Relief and the Iowa Christian Alliance excluded Dr. Paul from their candidates forum, we received a call from ABC News confirming Dr. Paul’s participation in its nationally broadcast August 5th debate to be held in Des Moines.

Kent Snyder, Chairman
Ron Paul 2008

Contact Information

Edward Failor
Iowans for Tax Relief
2610 Park Avenue
Muscatine, Iowa 52761
Phone: 563-288-3600 or 877-913-3600
Fax: 563-264-2413
E-mail: itr@taxrelief.org

Steve Sheffler, President
Iowa Christian Alliance
939 Office Park Road, Suite 115
West Des Moines, Iowa 50265
Phone: 515-225-1515
Fax: 515-225-1826
E-mail: slscheffler@iowachristian.com
Old 06-19-2007, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul being excluded again!!

Is this the same Steve Sheffler who played in the NBA?
Old 06-19-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this the same Steve Sheffler who played in the NBA?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:19 PM

Am i right in thinking that Ron Paul is anti-abortion, anti-gay marriage, pro spending $$$$ on protecting border from "illegal aliens", tighter restirictions on immigrants, pro afghanistan war....~? Im from England so geniunely do not know much about him, but if the above is all true he's a schwene.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:37 PM

Why isnt Giuliani on the list?

Maybe he's unwelcome too. This could be a perfect opportunity for a one on one debate between the two.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:39 PM

I shot off emails to the 2 addy's requesting he be invited.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I shot off emails to the 2 addy's requesting he be invited.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-19-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am i right in thinking that Ron Paul is anti-abortion, anti-gay marriage, pro spending $$$$ on protecting border from "illegal aliens", tighter restirictions on immigrants, pro afghanistan war....~? Im from England so geniunely do not know much about him, but if the above is all true he's a schwene.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yeah. That's about right. No idea why anyone likes him. although, really, if you ask him or anyone at this forum they'll say "ron paul isn't anti- civil union, he just doesn't want the federal government to get involved in. "

I don't really know what a Schwene is either.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

More or less. He's certainly not perfect (haven't found a candidate who is), but since he wants to leave questions about gay marriage and abortion to the states the only issue I think he's really bad on is immigration.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why isnt Giuliani on the list?

Maybe he's unwelcome too. This could be a perfect opportunity for a one on one debate between the two.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking he just had other engagements.