Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 06-20-2007, 09:42 AM

Default Re: Several hands I dont understand

Try posting one hand at a time, and in general be more aggressive
Old 06-20-2007, 09:45 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 06-20-2007, 09:56 AM

Your play, you seem to be checking turns with strong hands when you should be looking to build pots. This also gets money in before possible scare cards kill your action.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:57 AM

Slow playing is a disease. Bet, Bet, Bet. You should be betting the A-high straight with the flush draw on the turn. If you get raised, you likely can push it in and have a free roll.

BET BET BET.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:59 AM

Dude personally I don't respond to threads with several hands in one thread. The discussion gets messed up IMO.

I'll take a quick look on these though.

1: I play this the same although I gotta say I don't think you're ever good on theriver. What do you beat? You might be chopping.

2: Lead the flop, but checking isn't a huge error, it depens on the player. Do raise when he bets though, the whole point of CR is to get more money in on one street. And checking the turn is a massacre. Bet it. River lead seems perfectly fine.

3: Although I wouldn't say the check is a mistake, I raise preflop here. Reasons for it are that we have position, want to gain innitiative, create a more active image and for blind defense. Flop seems fine. Checking behind on the turn is criminal, you need to build a pot. I'd like river if board was T5TT2 cuz in that scenario villain wouldn't be folding any of the full houses. Here though the ace might be scaring him and if you make a smaller raise you can possibly squeeze a call out of some of the weak boats cuz the turn checked through and people are stupid. If he happens to have an ace here you might be lucky enough to have him 4bet AI anyway.

4: I'm usually just shove the flop since AK would usualluy 3bet preflop and you beat most of the weaker aces. As played shove the turn, you're almost always good here IMO.

5: Preflop is fine against most opponents. I'd like villain to be a halfway decent active player, cuz that gives you a lot of FE right there preflop and that's where a lot of the EV of the play comes from. It's a good play though. Flop bet is good. Turn stackadonk is alright too actually. Personally I'd just lead for 1/2 pot intending to shove river actually. River bet size is perfect.

Good luck.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:02 AM

An example of being more aggressive would be bet/3-betting or check-raising hand 2. It's better to slowplay when you have position.
Hand 4 I think I want to bet the turn, it would be nice to get it all in against another J who doesn't have a flush draw.