Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 03:48 PM

Default I coldcall.

Hero is button. (stats are both over 140 hands)

A 65/1/.3 player (heh, they do exist) openlimps MP, CO (30/6/1) raises. Hero has A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and coldcalls.

Blinds are very loose and will most likely come along.

Thoughts? I have no reads on how CO plays, which probably means he's straightforward.

*edit* Train of thought is obv 'I have nowhere near the equity to 3bet but I would like to invest 2SB to see a flop, most likely 5way.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:04 PM

Default Re: I coldcall.

I'd 3-bet it here if for no other reason than to fold out the blinds. Why would you want to be facing 4 players when you could be facing two (or one)?

Play a pot heads up with position. Even if your AT isn't a favorite vs. his raising range, you're gaining a LOT of fold equity vs. his raising range on most flops, like MPPs on an overs board.

If he caps it on you, at least we have position and suited broadway.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:09 PM

I would just fold
Old 06-18-2007, 05:47 PM

I would 3 bet, followed by a close second "fold." I prefer the three bet as blinds will probably fold, and you have an advantage over MP's range and position on the CO. MP is basically a blind with those stats, as well, so you have more equity than you think especially if the blinds do actaully fold.

Folding is an option as well, but cold calling is offering correct odds to the blinds to play any old suited junk, or marginal connectors.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:55 PM

co have 6%raise PF i fold fast
Old 06-18-2007, 05:59 PM

I fold. Youre in pretty bad shape vs a guy with 6 pfr.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:04 PM

3-Bet all day. A) Blinds may fold, and MP station might as well if you're really lucky. Dead money is goot. B) If blinds do call, you almost certainly have much more than 20% equity. C) Taking control of the hand gives you another way to win, and certainly will let you get out/SD cheaper on the big streets, depending on how tenacious CO is with his raises. Guys with that profile are often like "wow, I've been playing really tight and he still raised me, he must have a monster."

Edit, I should add that raise > fold >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>> call. You can't really go wrong with the first two, but cc'ing here is very marginal. JTs you can probably cc as you are less likely dominated, and are less likely to make an expensive 2nd best hand, and can fold easily if the flop sucks.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:35 PM

Thanks for setting me straight sethypooh (and others obv). I see why now ;p
Old 06-18-2007, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to have to do some pt mining, but the idea that people with hyperlow pfr% are only raising the top percentage of their hands seems like a biiiiig fallacy to me. In my own experience these people are more likely to openlimp QQ+ from any position for fear of missing out on action with the big hands, and are equally as likely to open 69o from utg to "mix it up".

People that play poker in a 60/10 style suffer from their own logical fallacies and its important to resist projecting our own tenancies on to them.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to have to do some pt mining, but the idea that people with hyperlow pfr% are only raising the top percentage of their hands seems like a biiiiig fallacy to me. In my own experience these people are more likely to openlimp QQ+ from any position for fear of missing out on action with the big hands, and are equally as likely to open 69o from utg to "mix it up".

People that play poker in a 60/10 style suffer from their own logical fallacies and its important to resist projecting our own tenancies on to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that guys with low pfrs dont always have the top 6% of hands when they raise, and are more likely to limp QQ+ and try to get tricky preflop, but its not like 58s is a huge part of his range either. I just feel like ATs isnt really looking too good against his range which is weighted heavily towards group 1 and 2 hands.