Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 01:08 PM

Default Help Me Get More Value

Ok you all.........how would you play it?

We'll go Street by Street.

Button is seeing 56% of Flop. UTG is limping with anything that looks pretty. SB hasn't been at the table long.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: UtzChips is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UtzChips ??

I figure I gotta 3 bet this. No?
Old 06-18-2007, 01:13 PM

Default Re: Help Me Get More Value

Yeeeeeeeeeeees.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:13 PM

You havent told us how often BTN raises preflop, but with no reads I would 3bet here always.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:15 PM

I think we need to know how often OTB is raising. If he's very aggressive preflop I think we need to raise to push our edge 4-way. If he's passive I think we have to call because there's a decent chance we're dominated.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You havent told us how often BTN raises preflop, but with no reads I would 3bet here always.

[/ QUOTE ]

15.79% from the Button. He sees 78% of the Flops from the Button, so I may be dominated.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

15.79% from the Button. He sees 78% of the Flops from the Button, so I may be dominated.

[/ QUOTE ]

After how many hands? You need a lot of hands on villain to be sure that number is accurate
Old 06-18-2007, 01:43 PM

So, as mvoss pointed out, there was a good chance Button had me dominated, despite the fact that he sees so many Flops.

Looks like I should have just called &amp; seen what the Flop brought me. 1. Good chance I'm dominated 2. 3 bet advertises big hand. If I flop KT3, chance I won't get much action, plus Button could have AK.

The Flop:

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: UtzChips is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UtzChips 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UtzChips ??

I didn't consider chance of being dominated. I figure I've probably got 15 outs to a pocket pair. Maybe only 12 to AK/AQ. Of course, I don't know which 3 it is and wasn't thinking of that anyways.

Since I 3 bet PF, I figure I've got to bet the Flop. Nobody is going to bet without something big.

So, if I knew what was coming and took the time to glance at Button's PFR %, I could have just called the PFR, ck/raised the Flop.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:49 PM

This is an extremely standard continuation bet.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:54 PM

"there was a good chance Button had me dominated, despite the fact that he sees so many Flops"

In these games I'd say this is kinda wrong. You have to account for how often it is ACTUALLY folded to him on the button 1st.

This is an easy 3-bet pf with such a strong hand and an even easier flop bet.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:02 PM

After the 3-bet and this flop, you are absolutely fine with this flop being capped as you have a monster, multiway.
Closed Thread