Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 12:44 PM

Default Beat: Got Pulled over doing a Uey

Driving down the highway, pull over on an exit to get gas. Get back on highway, realize we are going wrong direction. Pull a U-Turn and blue lights go on immediately as I turn back onto highway. Just finished a 'Road-Soda' literally minutes earlier, my friend is already about 5 'Road-Sodas' in the hole. I take one of 'Road-sodas' that is currently opened in my cup-holder, my friend slides it in his backpack (smell proof) with the 6 or so empty ones. Puts backpack under his legs.

Pulled over, cop walks right next to window. I'm trying not to breathe in his face but all the meanwhile not looking too suspicious... He asked what we were doing, I respond with "Funny story .. We pulled over to get gas and started headed in wrong direction. Instead of going down the highway another 10 miles (This was in Mass/NH), we used the turn-around (Tho there was a NO U-TURN sign right above it)."

Cop then asks for license and registration. He then asks my friend for his license. My friend already has a record and a couple DUI charges, so he shows him it (purposely not handing him the license). Then the cop asked to take it out. This seems peculiar so my friend asks WHY, but ultimately gives him his license (Do they even have the right to see my friends license, suppose it was my mom, would they ask for her license in that situation?).

So the cop takes our licenses and goes back to his car. I'm kind of worried because if he rings up my friends record, it'd bring up the DUI charges and may be enough to ask more questions. So we're sitting there not really sure of our future. Then the cop returns about 3-4 minutes later and hands me the two licenses and says "You two have a good night"..... I'm thinking, WTF. But I cooley take it, say Thank You sir, and calmly get back onto the highway.

And forgot to mention, there were about 2 "Cigarettes" that were in the ash tray that I burned only an hour or so earlier.

So not only did we not get any kind of trouble, we didn't even get a fine for doing the U-Turn in an illegal U-Turn area on the highway!!! I think we did everything you could possibly do wrong in that situation and came out Success! The cop was a Sheriff too.

Beat: Had quite a scare
Brag: Smooooth criminal
Variance: Will never do anything that stupid again, maybe it was my clean record?
Old 06-18-2007, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Beat: Got Pulled over doing a Uey

so u guys routinely drink and drive?? plz drive off a cliff...
Old 06-18-2007, 12:50 PM

No, I only had one to celebrate a big win coming home from Foxwoods. Even if I did blow, I wouldn't get charged with Drinking and Driving because it wouldn't not be over the limit, I'd have been charged with open containers.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(Do they even have the right to see my friends license, suppose it was my mom, would they ask for her license in that situation?).

[/ QUOTE ]
Cops have the "right" to ask you for just about anything. But there is no requirement for the passenger of an automobile to provide ID.

If you refuse, they will get pissed. And seeing as how you had illegal stuff in the car, probably a good idea to just hand it over.

But whatever you do, don't lie and say you don't have ID when you do. Just say you have ID and choose not to produce it.

Usually the only reason they check passenger IDs is to check for arrest warrants. And if that's all he's looking for, just telling him your name and info is good enough.

You do have to identify yourself to a cop when asked, you just don't have to produce ID unless you are the driver.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:11 PM

Cool avatar OP!
Old 06-18-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cool avatar OP!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-18-2007, 01:20 PM

It's true, cops really don't have the right to do much but to ask for permission. But they do this in many sneaky ways that get almost everyone to give them permission to do what they want.

And if he asked to search my friends bag, both of us were sure ready to say no sir.

I'd also like to stress I never drink and drive, I just had one for celebration. It was a breakfast in a can, damn good. But yes, doing that stuff is dumb and will get you in trouble eventually.

I honestly don't think he could do much. We're both smart in ways of the law, and we knew our rights. He really had no rights to search the car. But if somehow he found a way, we would've definitely have seen more than a few fines.

But the fact of the matter he let us off without even giving us a U-Turn charge is pure luck and brilliance! Bless the nice cops!
Old 06-18-2007, 01:32 PM

you're such an idiot

i hope you [beep] in a grease [beep]
Old 06-18-2007, 01:34 PM

"Road soda?" Who the [censored] drinks and drives enough to have little nicknames for booze on the road like that?
Old 06-18-2007, 01:35 PM

prolly bout half of america