Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 03:11 AM

Default Unsuited connectors in the blinds.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: UtzChips is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, UtzChips completes, BB checks.

I call because I am getting 6.5:1 on my money, the BB is passive, and the odds of me flopping a Str8 Draw, 2 pair, trips, house or quads are 5.6:1.

Do you all play this hand at 5/10?

Flop: (4 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UtzChips bets</font>,

I usually bet out here, representing the trip 6s, when I have a draw.
Good?
Old 06-18-2007, 04:26 AM

Default Re: Unsuited connectors in the blinds.

Fold this junk PF. Flop looks fine.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:34 AM

I would fold this one as well but maybe its playable. I would def complete a hand like 87o.

I saw a vid from entity where he completed 75o with only 1 limper. If that is profitable I would guess that 54o with 7:1 is good to
Old 06-18-2007, 05:10 AM

I also play this hand preflop. Don't know if it is profitable though but it makes my image a bit loose when I showdown 54o once in a while and that may make me steal some pots sometimes. Anyway it is a boarderlinehand but I play it especially with a passive BB and two or more callers.

I think it is a mistake to just bet out the flop: 1) the pot is small, 2)we probably won't steal against overcards and flushdraws, 3) we may be making money to a better hand 4) It is hard to bluff 3 other players in these limits 5) we like to keeps players in the pot if our dreamcard falls.

And if we bet and get callers and we catch nothing what is out turnline then? By putting more money in the pot we are committing ourself to a pot with only a weak draw which might draw the nuts but we may loose to both a fullhouse or a flush on the turn or river. Simply said: If we bet and catch our wondercard the board may looks so scary that noone will call except maybe trips. And if one already got trips we don't want to do the betting for him.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:35 AM

well, people here might scold me for this.

My line: c/c flop if vs 1 opponent then donk turn and river if flush dosnt hit and regardless if I make a pair or the straight
Old 06-18-2007, 05:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would fold this one as well but maybe its playable. I would def complete a hand like 87o.

I saw a vid from entity where he completed 75o with only 1 limper. If that is profitable I would guess that 54o with 7:1 is good to

[/ QUOTE ]

He has to be giving himself some postflop play equity v. Villain.

Entity has vids for sale? Where? Thanx!
Old 06-18-2007, 06:08 AM

I doubt that 87o has a much bigger equity here than 54o, so I don't get the logic of Oink. 54o will even be easier to play postflop.

Then there are a few philosophies which one can apply on the flop. One is to semi-bluff an OESD and the other is to passively c/c. Both have its merits considering a different line-up of opponents, but straight donking here seems fine in either way.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold this junk PF. Flop looks fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it because of the reverse implied odds? I'm thinking my cards are way outta the range of Villain's hands, so even if the straight is to the 678, I'm probably still good.
I also discount the reverse implied odds of getting beat by a flush v. two. It's going to happen, however, not even 1/2 as often as when you're up against 4. No?

Bad thinking?
Old 06-18-2007, 06:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt that 87o has a much bigger equity here than 54o, so I don't get the logic of Oink. 54o will even be easier to play postflop.

Then there are a few philosophies which one can apply on the flop. One is to semi-bluff an OESD and the other is to passively c/c. Both have its merits considering a different line-up of opponents, but straight donking here seems fine in either way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it v. opponents 1-tabling and paying attention. I'll get paid off when I flop trips and bet out in the future.

Of course, you don't make as much in the future on your Str8 draws when they come in, as they now know you'll bet em, plus, they'll raise you [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
So, it is a viable (I would think) play until shown down

Believe it or not, there are numerous players 1-tabling and paying attention at .50/1.00 [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2007, 06:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to make clear I dont mind preflop here. But saying that 54o is as good as 87o or even better is clearly wrong.

- 87o actually has better eq. It might not be with with much but since its a close spot it may be significant.

- 54o DOES NOT play easier postflop. I dont know why you would think so? 87 clearly makes higher pairs and higher straights which makes it better postflop. Which hand do you prefer on J84 flop, 54o or 87o?