Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 03:10 AM

Default Hand I feel very confused about

I just stacked villain to double me up about an orbit ago to get to the stack that I have. He runs about 25/22 with AFs 4.8/1.75/5. Just as the stats suggest, he puts in a ton of aggression on the flop, fit or fold turn, and then if he fits he'll start bombing rivers for value.

He 3bets almost always with a huge range without close to any regard to your positional range as long as he doesn't perceive that you're a nit. I opened UTG while I was playing tight to adjust to his aggression and he 3bet me in the blinds with random suited/unsuited connectors, sometimes broadway onegappers, though more likely suited.

I've stacked him at another table so I think he's visibly tilting, though he's not too known for hero calls. I typically don't 3bet him, but having done once he will call with the same range as he opens in late position.

He also has a tendency to float a lot of flops against a lot of other players in 3bet pots. Usually the turn he might call, sometimes fold. I've been checking a lot of my UI overcards and sometimes big pairs. This is the first time I've 2 barreled him or anyone else on the same tables as him for that matter.

I've been playing tight to adjust, so I was thinking about loosening up thinking he might play a lot weaker.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) internettexasholdem.com

BB ($100)
UTG ($113.40)
MP ($107.35)
Button ($116.45)
Hero ($594.60)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $14</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $10.

Flop: ($29) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $20</font>, MP calls $20.

Turn: ($69) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $80</font>

I think he had about $79 left to call. Is my turn bet a vbet or bluff?