Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2007, 11:08 PM

Default He doesn\'t fold against against me but this sure opened possibilities

Full 40 game that is good. Villain is Jed. For those that don't know him assume he is a typical TAG live grinder style of player. CO randomly mucks J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] face up for no reason other than it is apparently funny somehow and fold to me in sb. I have A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and raise. Jed defends.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
This is a terrible flop but I bet because betting is what I do. Bender is a bender. Sean is a bettor. He raises. This likely means he has flopped a pair. I call.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
now what
Old 06-17-2007, 11:23 PM

Default Re: He doesn\'t fold against against me but this sure opened possibilities

Not sure what you mean by "he doesn't fold against me" in your title, but if he will ever release a pair headsup against you, a semi-bluff check-raise might be called for; you have a ton of outs against a single pair.

Rob
Old 06-17-2007, 11:27 PM

Default Re: He doesn\'t fold against against me but this sure opened possibilit

Yeah someone came in to bother me while I was in the middle of typing. He doesn't regularly fold against me but I think he would be hardpressed to call a donk here with a 6 or 7. 8 or T I think he may be showdown bound. 9 he probably raises now although I think he should raise the river instead of that's what he has because I am folding everything but a 9/flush draw to a raise.

FWIW I think a check/raise won't work as well because I'm not sure he'll bet a 6 or 7 if I check. I think every single time I have raised him on the turn I have been semibluffing too and since I haven't won a single one of those semibluffs in the past few months he is probably confident in his "read" on me making the possibility of this working even better.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:31 AM

Being that you are a slight dog in this hand how is him checking behind a bad thing given that the action is heads up? There is no reason to bet on this street, especially if you think he will A)raise or B)check. You are getting no further value here by betting.

You can now bet any river immediately regardless of what comes if you want to bluff.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:43 AM

What about C.) fold?

Would Jed fold any pair on the river after the turn was checked?
Old 06-18-2007, 04:09 AM

Just play this straight forward. You have a tricky image and grinders arent having any part of your donk or checkraise in a blind battle. You have plenty of outs against a pair but I would venture a guess that he has pair straight combo so it would suck to get 3bet.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:05 AM

I agree except for the river part. A check here is definitely in order.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:03 PM

Default Re: He doesn\'t fold against against me but this sure opened possibilities

whose still left in the hand? 3 villains?

with 3 villain think this way...you have 10 or so outs, anyd [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] plus 1 for the overcard,...thus 10outs/46cards in pack you need 4.5 calls to make betting out +ev, so check/call, bet on the river if you make your flush

if you are heads up, its more read dependant on your opponent just as to what your action should be on the turn, but take this hand to the river at least
Old 06-18-2007, 03:58 PM

Normally love when you post hands, but who is Sean? Is this a multiway hand?

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is Jed...Bender is a bender. Sean is a bettor. He raises...

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea what all this means.

I'd check the turn HU or multiway and be planning to check raise any river 9 or [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Old 06-18-2007, 05:16 PM

Sean is me. The rest of that stuff is some random Futurama joke that isn't very funny at all.