Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2007, 06:28 PM

Default Whats the best line to take here?

The table seems to be super aggressive, even though i have only seen a couple of orbits, it seems every hand has a raise and at least 2 callers pre, and i dont' have any real reads other than that on any of the players

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Hero ($195.65)
BB ($40)
UTG ($371.90)
MP ($107.50)
CO ($306.95)
Button ($375.05)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $7</font>, Button calls $7, Hero calls $6, BB calls $5.

Flop: ($28) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $33</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ...

EDIT: the reason i posted the hand at all is that the villain over bet the pot on the flop, which isn't that normal in multi way pots in 1/2 from my experience, so i didn't know what to make of it
Old 06-17-2007, 06:35 PM

Default Re: Whats the best line to take here?

Fold preflop. Thats not a hand you want to play oop without initiative.
Given the call i most likely lead the flop, trying to get heads up with the pf-raiser. As played c/r to like $100-$120.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop. Thats not a hand you want to play oop without initiative.
Given the call i most likely lead the flop, trying to get heads up with the pf-raiser. As played c/r to like $100-$120.

[/ QUOTE ]Agree, fold pre and you really want to lead out on this flop, the PFR wont cbet if he doesnt have a hand. And if the PFR does have a hand like AA,KK he might raise you big, especially if some calls behind you and the raiser.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:38 PM

The board is pretty dry here so playing TT like this makes no sense M/W and as you say the game is quite aggressive so he could well stack off with AT/JJ or a butchered KK/AA here if hes pretty bad.

C/R to $120 and insta-call a shove.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:47 PM

I think this is a fold preflop from the SB, if you were BB with the same hand and same action a call is fine. I also like a lead on the flop intending on getting it in. As played you have C/R, I don't mind making a small c/r to suck him in considering a big c/r leaves you with only a small turn bet. I like making it 90 here and shoving the last 100 on any non T turn.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:02 PM

In my experience, this is an overpair close to 100% of the time. He's trying to protect his hand by making CERTAIN that he gets at least a couple of folds because he's afraid of overcards falling.

This hand plays better if you lead. I think a c/r here lets him get out too easily, I call and crai on the turn (unless a 10 hits).
Old 06-17-2007, 08:29 PM

Given you checked the flop, I call and either donk or c/r the turn depending on flop action behind me.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:58 PM

i don't get why this is such a bad pre flop call...any hand that i make here most likely isn't hitting anybody else big if it was to hit me big....i understand i'm OOP, but can't the action and pot odds make it an alright call...its not like i'm putting in any more money unless i hit a good flop right?
Old 06-17-2007, 09:05 PM

if this is an aggressive table i will often donk the flop, as i am likely to get raise by overpairs and hands like AT from CO, and then i can push

given the way you played it i like a nice big cr... you lose BB and CO but villain has 5 outer (like AT or JJ), so your hand is somewhat vulnerable, so i try and get it all in right now

overbet means overpair, overbluff, or just annoyed at 3 players still in the pot... i don't give it too much thought vs. an unknown, but i'll make a not when i see what he has
Old 06-17-2007, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't get why this is such a bad pre flop call...any hand that i make here most likely isn't hitting anybody else big if it was to hit me big....i understand i'm OOP, but can't the action and pot odds make it an alright call...its not like i'm putting in any more money unless i hit a good flop right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's terrible, but the thing is we do not close the action, and at an aggressive table the possibility of the BB squeezing is enough to make us dump our hand.