Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2007, 11:28 PM

Default CP 8/16 - In stages

8/16 at CP. Full of your normal crazy LAGs with one LP and a couple TAGs mixed in.

I have AcTc in the BB.

Two limpers (LPs), LAG raises. SB calls, I call, limpers call. Flop is Qd Jc 2c. I plan to lead, but the SB bets. I….????
Old 06-16-2007, 11:33 PM

Default Re: CP 8/16 - In stages

call
Old 06-17-2007, 12:19 AM

def call and plan to call LAG's raise. you are 5 to 1 on the flop and priced in to call w/ your nut flush draw.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:49 AM

i don't think it matters much what you do, as long as you don't fold.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:57 AM

Easy raise. Everybody's gonna be calling with any piece of that board. The more bets that go in on the flop the better.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:05 AM

There are 12 small bets already in pot preflop, and you have 12 outs to the nuts. If you raise now on flop, and your club comes on Turn, you've ruined your implied odds. You could lose 3 small bets on flop, and possibly 2 or more big bets on Turn and River. Unless SB has a set, he might just call the raise and then check-fold the turn if he doesn't improve. I would wait until turn to raise. Plus, if you pick up a 8 or 9 on Turn, you get 4 more outs, although you are losing to a KT. I'm guessing SB has QJ or set of 2's and expects LAG to raise to trap everyone for an extra bet.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
def call and plan to call LAG's raise. you are 5 to 1 on the flop and priced in to call w/ your nut flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Laugh out loud.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:22 AM

Seriously, less people need to reply and more people need to just read posts.

I'd raise, unless I really felt that the Lag was going to raise no matter how many or how few called, and then I'd call-3bet.

I do agree with Pbob as it doesn't matter too much either way, the pot's going to get quite big no matter what.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:59 AM

Default Part II

Some backgound on the SB. Those of you who play there probably know him. He is older with glasses and usually plays 15/30, where he is probably breakeven at best. He is good enough to beat the 8/16 and probably one of the better players at the table, but not great by any means. I think that his name is Kevin.

So SB bets the flop, I call, limpers call, LAG raises, SB calls. I see the limpers readying chips to call.

I call?

Turn is the 9h and the SB checks. I....?
Old 06-17-2007, 10:07 AM

Default Re: Part II

[ QUOTE ]
Some backgound on the SB. Those of you who play there probably know him. He is older with glasses and usually plays 15/30, where he is probably breakeven at best. He is good enough to beat the 8/16 and probably one of the better players at the table, but not great by any means. I think that his name is Kevin.

So SB bets the flop, I call, limpers call, LAG raises, SB calls. I see the limpers readying chips to call.

I call?

Turn is the 9h and the SB checks. I....?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kevin beats the 15 game (not for alot). He is weak tight but that gets the money against the super loose fish @ 15/30. Anyway, looks like he has a monster which he intends to 3 bet, so I would raise for equity sake and see if you can trap in a few monkeys while your at it.

P.S. this is assuming you are good @ making your draws, something for which I am horribly deficient.