Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2007, 09:36 PM

Default NL50 AA - Shorty shoves flop in multiway pot

No reads. Is this an easy raise, if so is it a shove? Do I want Villain 2 (full stack) to hang around, getting some extra $$ in the pot, or just get heads up against Villain 1 (shorty). I never considered folding... any reason to?

Thanks.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP1 ($56.30)
Hero ($50)
CO ($57.25)
Button : Villain 2 ($49.05)
SB ($66.10)
BB : Villain 1 ($11)
UTG ($46.75)
UTG+1 ($84.70)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button (Villain 2) calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB (Villain 1) calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6.25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain 1 bets $9 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ???</font>
Old 06-16-2007, 09:52 PM

Default Re: NL50 AA - Shorty shoves flop in multiway pot

Call and see what button does
Old 06-16-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-16-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting... I felt like calling would be bad here due to the drawy board.

After calling, what's my play if:

A) Button raises (any difference whether it's a shove or not)?
B) Button calls and a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K or 8 come on the turn (I have A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])
C) Button calls and a blank comes on the turn

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:09 PM

Reads on button?
Old 06-16-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Reads on button?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just stats... 11.6/1.6/1.4 over ~300 hands. No memorable pots with him.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:12 AM

Any other thoughts on this hand? My concern with calling is that it puts ~50 BBs in the pot, and I'd like to improve my chances of winning it by getting heads up. Plus, if Villain 2 is willing to shove with a draw, there's a chance that by calling I could get semi-bluffed out of the pot with the best hand. However, I'd still have around 80 BBs in my stack after the call, which is a lot to risk with a raise if Villain 2 hit a set. Two pair is extremely unlikely on this board.

I realize a lot of this would be based on what I put each villain on... if I think Villain 1 (shorty) has a hand like AQ and Villain 2 has a straight or flush draw, then I think it's a clear raise. However, if I gave Villain 1 credit for a set, is it worth trying to get Villain 2 to stay in the hand to try to get some value? If I call and Villain 2 overcalls (getting around 2.7 to 1 odds if he's drawing), that means I'd still need to get him to put more money in the pot on the turn/river (otherwise I'm just padding the pot for Villain 1), which I think only happens at that point if I'm beat.

If you were Villain 1 and hit a set, would you shove that flop? I would expect either a CRAI or small bet, 3 bet all in from a short stack, so I really didn't think I was behind here. The only question then was if it was worth risking the rest of my stack on the chance Villain 2 flopped a set.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting... I felt like calling would be bad here due to the drawy board.

After calling, what's my play if:

A) Button raises (any difference whether it's a shove or not)?
B) Button calls and a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K or 8 come on the turn (I have A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])
C) Button calls and a blank comes on the turn

Thanks for the feedback.

[/ QUOTE ]

The benefit to calling is that you can build a side pot with villain 2 while you are probably ahead.
1) I reraise enough to give draws the wrong odds. Probably means a push. Sets are rare and this board+PF does not portend two pair often.
2) I lean toward check-call to induce villain to bluff (while giving the free card isn't as bad with our redraw and might make BTN a strong second place hand). I can also see pushing if we can provide poor drawing odds because the pot is worth taking down now and all we have is one pair. I do not like leading a smaller amount because being check raised would suck.
3) lead 1/2 - 2/3 pot

Of course my usual reminder that I am inexperienced at NL

edit: Didn't account for $36 pot, $40 stacks. Changes:
2) Any line but check-fold or bet-fold will get you stacked against a made draw, and I do not favor either. CR AI risks losing value to top pair, but may induce a worse hand to bluff. I discount the later because the board is threatning. Just push.
3) becomes 3/5 pot or push