Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2007, 09:01 PM

Default $520+50 Borgata Supersatellite hand

It's a super to the $5,000+200 that begins next Saturday. The hand in question came up in Level 4 (100-200/25), far from the money. About 70 entrants and 7 seats awarded.

My image was strong to very strong and I was getting a lot of respect. We started w/ 7k and I got it up to 11k for this hand. I was playing well and a guy at the table kept calling me "Braveheart" and he commented that I won every pot I played. I was being aggressive and slightly active but probably not overly loose in the eyes of my opponents.

Villain in this hand was one of two players at the table who had me covered. He was about 28 years old and had maybe 14k. He got his chips by doing this: There were a few limpers for 100 and then the button raised to 725. Villain reraised from the big blind to 3500 and called the button's shove for 1400 more. Button had AK and villain had TT, which surprised me b/c I expected him to have at least QQ b/c he had been playing well and I think I'd call for set value if I was in his position w/ the tens. He hasn't gotten out of line tho.

I played a hand versus villain about two laps prior: He limped in the cutoff after an EP limper. I completed w/ A9 and four of us saw the flop of A-T-2 rainbow. Checked to vilain who bet 625 into 800 and I was the only caller. Turn was a 5 and he quickly checked behind. River was a King. I checked and he bet 1500. I said "You either have KT or I have you beat" a few times and then I called. He said good call and mucked his hand. I tried to drag the pot w/o turning my hand up but the dealer complied w/ someone's request to see my hand and the guy who called me "Braveheart" called me "Braveheart" a few more times.

Onto the hand:

I raise to 625 w/ 65[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] from UTG+1. I figure it will be tough to put me on my hand if I hit something good and I can c-bet if an Ace or paint flops and probably win the pot. Folds to villain who calls in the big blind.

Flop is A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Vilain checks and I make an overbet of 2025. He thinks for about 10 seconds and raises me 5k more.

I have around 7k left, what is his range and what should I do? Please let me know if any additional info is needed. Thanks much, results later.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:07 PM

Default Re: $520+50 Borgata Supersatellite hand

i'd only overbet the flop if i thought it would look more like a bluff than a standard c-bet. i don't know why this would be the case here so i'd just bet a regular amount. as it is just go all in, you have 2 pair where there are lots of draws and very few set combos, this isn't even remotely close imo. i also think all the background information is good and helpful.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:16 PM

not exactly sure what his range is, but we are def crushing it. i go all in for sure.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd only overbet the flop if i thought it would look more like a bluff than a standard c-bet. i don't know why this would be the case here so i'd just bet a regular amount. as it is just go all in, you have 2 pair where there are lots of draws and very few set combos, this isn't even remotely close imo. i also think all the background information is good and helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]

I, cornell fiji, approve of this post.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:29 PM

So many hands he could call you with in the bb being you're both deep. Connectors with a draw, a suited A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], a better 2-pair and maybe AA could play back at you like he did. Smallish chance it's a stone bluff too because of your overbet.

So hard to get away from 2-pair here as you flopped what you wanted. 7K isn't too far below avg at this point and is certainly workable with the blinds at 1-200. Your table presence was really good to this point so it seems like accumulating again would be likely. Being this is a super I don't hate a fold but I would go with my gut when I looked across the table.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:41 PM

As played, you should be very happy to get it ai
Old 06-16-2007, 11:24 PM

i could never fold here. I think he has Ax diamonds, or 78 with/without diamonds a lot and I get it in.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:44 AM

Dale Bumpers
Old 06-17-2007, 09:45 AM

Tyler u playing the main?
Old 06-17-2007, 01:02 PM

This event is pretty bad-ass. You start w/ 50,000 chips and blinds of 25-50. LOTTTTT of room to play (esp. after playing small buy-in WSOP events). Esp. good is the fact that almost all of the top tourny players are out in Vegas.