Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2007, 12:07 PM

Default My first session since March

First time at the tables since March and I am playing at a brand new site where I cannot datamine so any reads are only those got from the table. 2 hands for your inspection.

NL100 whist I get used to the site. UTG is new to table and only have 6 hands on him so readless. MP is 21/12/2 and from what I have seen is a weak straightforward TAG. BB is the fish at the table and is very weak/loose.

Effective stacks $100

I raise 2 limpers from CO with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] to $6

2 folds BB and both limpers call.

Flop $24.50

5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB checks, UTG checks, MP bets $10

Easy raise? Just call?

Hero calls $10, BB folds, UTG raises to $50, MP folds, Hero folds.

Was really unsure how to play it on the flop and raising may have been better but didn't as I would be getting put in by a lot of middle pair hands which must make up a certain % of their range and of course the board can make some funky 2 pair hands and small sets as well as the less likely flopped straight.

Hand 2

CO is 23/20/2 and I have 3 bet him a few times from the blinds as he raises a very high % from CO/Button. Button is 35/12/3 but only over 66 hands so nothing much there. He cannot fold any top pair hand and called a 3 barrell earlier for a full stack with 8T on an 8 high flop and a king river. He did win that one though. I am card dead at the table and my image likely sucks.

I have $102 and both CO & button cover.

2 fold, CO raises to $4, button calls $4, SB folds, I have trouble with the slider and after much fiddling around end up 3 betting to $24 total with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (this was higher than I intended so no comment necessary on this part)

CO folds, Button thinks a little and shoves, I have $78 behind ......
Old 06-16-2007, 12:11 PM

Default Re: My first session since March

Hand 1 I'd raise the flop the first time. As played fold.

Hand 2 easy call IMO.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:12 PM

1) easy fold.
2) his line is strange and like u said it's a new site but u have to really imagine a wide range for calling to be correct and without a better read, i think folding is best.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 I'd raise the flop the first time. As played fold.

Hand 2 easy call IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you raise in the first hand?

Why is hand 2 an easy call?
Old 06-16-2007, 12:18 PM

Default Hand 1

I raise the flop and call a push. The bet is small, it offers tremendous odds to the 2 players left to act and your hand is very vulnerable. I would suspect the raise will take down the pot most often and I think the weak/tight MP might fold a better hand like a middle PP. You have 10 outs against sets, 13/16 outs against ragged two pairs and will often be ahead to fd:s, combo draws like 65s etc. Just get it in.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Hand 1

[ QUOTE ]
I raise the flop and call a push. The bet is small, it offers tremendous odds to the 2 players left to act and your hand is very vulnerable. I would suspect the raise will take down the pot most often and I think the weak/tight MP might fold a better hand like a middle PP. You have 10 outs against sets, 13/16 outs against ragged two pairs and will often be ahead to fd:s, combo draws like 65s etc. Just get it in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you over estimating things. If we raise and either of the two players behind us or the original better reraises all-in than we are almost always a significant dog. And putting money in as a significant dog is bad. I'd rather see a good turn card and use our position to our advantage.

and given that everyone limped or cold call a preflop raise then this flop almost likely hit a couple players HARD.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:25 PM

Default Hand 2

You have a profitable call against a range of 88+/AK, which means you need to call imo.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Hand 2

[ QUOTE ]
You have a profitable call against a range of 88+/AK, which means you need to call imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty interesting...at what range is it a fold? Is this the cut off?
Old 06-16-2007, 12:32 PM

Default Re: Hand 2

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even readless AK is extremely unlikely.

oops thought we were still on hand 1, I have now seen the light and you are obviously talking about hand2!! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2007, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Hand 1

[ QUOTE ]
I think you over estimating things.

[/ QUOTE ]
What things am I over estimating? I think:
1. I will win the pot right away often by raising, instead of giving cheap cards to hands with tons of outs.
2. I will get the flop bettor to fold hands like TT-77 a fair bit, given that he's weak/tight. I think this weak bet is a bet/fold with a hand like that a good percentage.
3. Neither of the 2 players that have checked will have a strong enough hand to push against a bet and a raise on this flop often (I think you're being result oriented by the fact that someone actually did this time).

Some facts:
1. When we get our money in against a set we have 33% equity...
2. Against two pairs we have 50% equity.
3. Against 99 we have 38% equity.
4. We'll have to give up a fair bit on the turn when bet into if we just call the flop, in a spot where we might very well fold the best hand.

[ QUOTE ]
If we raise and either of the two players behind us or the original better reraises all-in than we are almost always a significant dog. I'd rather see a good turn card and use our position to our advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]
As said, at worst we have 33% equity (EDIT: sure, we might be drawing dead against 76 but that won't happen often). We might very well have 38-50% when behind and we might be ahead to a draw/combo draw. Btw, if any of the two players that checked have you beat you won't get to see a turn by calling anyway.