Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2007, 11:23 PM

Default Beat: Got Fired Today

Long story short, I was told I was not a "team player" because I didn't answer my phone at a 5:45am the other day and volunteer to go in and work a full day on day off... Apparently this was considered "expected" of supervisors in my department, which is news to me, so when I'd call them at 4pm and say "hey, I just got your message, whats up?" this was apparently a blatant lack of commitment on my part warranting prompt termination....

If anyone has any hookups for jobs in Vegas, please let me know, I'll make it worth your while...if not, I may be headed back to the underground scene in my hometown (lame)

Here is the letter I sent them this morning..it's not that great, but it was pretty much the first thing that came to my head....

Rather than elaborate on how that dump you people call a XXXXXX is by far the most poorly managed place I’ve ever seen, I’ll simply leave you with a few quick notes…

Firstly….Under no circumstances are you to implement the call center tools intranet site that I designed. That is my design, and I own it. The copyright is clearly in the page code. I built it completely on my own time and XXXXXXX has absolutely no claim to it. On the off chance you tried to claim some sort of quasi-ownership on the grounds that I was under your employ, I suggest you spend more time learning about intellectual property law and less time making a mockery of the XXXXXX business.

Secondly….From what XXXX told me, this decision to terminate me had nothing to do with my absence yesterday, but more to do with the fact that I was not seen as being completely committed to the project. This could not be more absurd. From day one, I have been the ONLY one suggesting ideas on how to make positive change around there. It was pretty apparent that the way it’s being done is NOT working, and I tried as diplomatically as possible to point that out, slowly, and even took it upon myself to implement solutions IN MY OWN time. My guess is that you realized you had someone with an IQ over 85 with some actual XXXXXX experience working there and maybe, just maybe you foresaw your empire of micro-management collapsing under the weight of logic and rational thought. I can see how listening to my ideas and innovations based on actual XXXXXXX experience week after week might have been annoying. I was also accused of not being a “team player.” If by that, you mean sleeping through my ringing phone at 5:45am on my day off after closing the previous night and not instantly volunteering to work overtime to make up for the horrific turnover you “just can’t seem to figure out” then yes, I suppose I’m not a team player. I don’t have my M.B.A. just yet, but I’ve got a hunch that the turnover might have something to do with your mediocre hiring standards and horrific training….but I guess you’ll just continue blaming it on the employees…whatever helps you sleep at night.

In closing, I ask that you not reply or rebut in any way, as I honestly have absolutely no interest in your comments or opinions.

Don’t mistake this final retort for bitterness, as it’s quite the contrary…I’m literally smiling as I type this, knowing I’ll never have to set foot in that place again and take instructions from people I could have outsmarted as a grade-schooler. I am however, mildly optimistic that these “last words” might be the catalyst for change that I tried so hard to ignite…not for you, but for those "idiots" you can barely recognize from high above in your ivory tower.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:25 PM

Default Re: Beat: Got Fired Today

HUGE BRAG in that letter.

BRAVO TO YOU.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Long story short,

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-15-2007, 11:27 PM

well i just read it

and nice writing at the end shaksphere
Old 06-15-2007, 11:34 PM

edit title, "Brag: just got fired today"
Old 06-15-2007, 11:40 PM

GOOD READ, WELL WRITTEN, A+++++ WOULD FIRE AGAIN
Old 06-15-2007, 11:42 PM

On a side note, I too am moving to Vegas in July sometime. Just graduated from college with a double major and a terrible GPA. If any of you could get me a job that could get me by when I first get there I'd appreciate it. Hard worker and all that jazz. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2007, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
GOOD READ, WELL WRITTEN, A+++++ WOULD FIRE AGAIN

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...that's gold Jerry...Gold!!
Old 06-15-2007, 11:50 PM

nice letter OP, let us know if they fight u over the stuff u designed for them...
Old 06-16-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nice letter OP, let us know if they fight u over the stuff u designed for them...

[/ QUOTE ]

How would he ever find out? It's an intranet site.