Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2007, 08:45 PM

Default How much money have you been scammed out of?

Not money loaned to people, but how much have you loaned out, then never heard from the guy again?

I loaned a fellow poker player 100 bucks two years ago, then he disappeared, moved away.

Also, three guys owed me about $150 total when Paradise Poker shut down to US players, I have never heard from them either.

So a total of $250 I have been scammed. Interested on what other people have lost to scums and scammers.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:48 PM

Default Re: How much money have you been scammed out of?

I don't think I've ever been scammed. Had an alcoholic roommate once who ended up disappearing and costing me a few hundred, but that's it.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:50 PM

$200... I don't learn. Although I am owed over $1k I expect to see this within the next 10 years.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not money loaned to people, but how much have you loaned out, then never heard from the guy again?

I loaned a fellow poker player 100 bucks two years ago, then he disappeared, moved away.

Also, three guys owed me about $150 total when Paradise Poker shut down to US players, I have never heard from them either.

So a total of $250 I have been scammed. Interested on what other people have lost to scums and scammers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe a semblance of serious bizness will prevail, because I think this is an interesting topic:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never thought unpaid loans qualified as scamming, but i'm finding out many people think differently.

Obviously, if it's somebody who you see on a regular basis, you loan him money, he vanishes into thin air, you can chalk it up to a loan scam. But are people who have (presumably?) good intentions but then don't pay up for various reasons outright scammers, or just people of low character?
Old 06-15-2007, 09:00 PM

definitely low character. i view scamming as someone who had a sole intention of outright stealing.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:01 PM

My cousin wanted me to invest some money into his friend for a random business venture. He had already invested 5k and gotten back over 25k. So I figure what the hell I invest 2k and within the week he was gone. And no, my cousin didn't even give me a penny of his profits even though he told me to invest, [censored] sucks. I'm still pissed about it and that was 3 years ago.

So 2k I guess.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:14 PM

lol hookeraments
Old 06-15-2007, 09:15 PM

I also dont really think scammed = not getting paid back a loan by a friend but ill list mine anyway...

- I loaned my ex 1k when she hit a rough patch, havent seen a dime. Wouldnt really care too much except how adament she was about paying me back when i loaned it to her.

- Another friend has owed me 900 for about a year. Hes a close friend though and i know when he has the money ill get it back. That could be a long ass time though cause he is broke and has like 3 years of college left.

- I also "staked" a friend 500 on party under the terms that he would pay me back 600 if he ran it up, or pay me back the 500 at a later date if he lost it. He denies this and says that it was a i get 50% of the profits and if he loses it its on me deal.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:17 PM

dont "loan" money you will freak over not getting get back

staking is not loaning, bitch better pay up if i stake him.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dont "loan" money you will freak over not getting get back

staking is not loaning, bitch better pay up if i stake him.

[/ QUOTE ]

It became a bitter argument for awhile. I think he genuinly misunderstood our deal so i let it go. I honestly didnt want to destroy our friendship over 500 dollars.

The money i loaned out and havent recieved back im definently not "freaking" over.