Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Heads Up: Final Table

Would greatly appreciate advice. I have done fairly well getting to the final table online and 'live.' But winning has not been as consistent as I would like. I play a fairly tight/aggressive game up to the final table. But when heads up or against say three, I struggle with what to play that obviously is not high pairs, high overcards. So, how does one play at the final table? Thanks!
Old 06-15-2007, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Heads Up: Final Table

Play looser, and aggressive.

Remember that against one player, your cards are in your favour 50% of the time, against 3 players, 33% of the time.

Elseway, I've just started to read HoH and he seams to know much about the most things when it comes to knowing where you are at. Def. an advice.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:22 PM

Do not be afraid to raise J9 suited or 22. Remeber, your opponent gets the same share of bad hands as you do. If you do not raise preflop or bet with nothing on the flop (preferrably in position), you let him see free cards with 63 offsuit and stuff like that.

Do not be discouraged if you lose first. Heads up play has much more variance. You can be Phil Ivey and still lose 5 games in a row.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:41 PM

Play HU SNGs.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:54 PM

Playing hu sng and reading the hu forum will give you the basics, but there are other factors that you should be cognizient of when tourney play goes hu. You have played with your opponent for awhile now, you should know their style, and adjust your play accordingly. Initially playing back at loose opponents with the first marginally strong hand you see will slow him down, or at least change your image. There are a million things going on in hu play, and the more you practice and learn how battle your opponent, the more success you will see.