Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2007, 06:29 AM

Default Ok some hands before bed.

These aren't all of them.

1.) Wayyy psycho table, had a hand earlier that was 9 way for two bets PF(raise was from MP) 8 way for 1 bet on the flop and 7 way for 1 bet on the turn.

6 retarded people limp before me, I raise T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the SB and say "Let's build a huge pot"
BB calls, some calls, a total spazz now 3bets.
Spazz:
Limped K6o UTG, called a raise, and called four bets on the flop AND FOUR BETS ON THE TURN on an AQJ board. (holyshit)
Everyone calls, and I just call(is not capping here bad?)

Board is 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I bet, UTG calls, spazz folds, Asian lady calls.(Asian lady peeled with JTo on a Kc 6c 2 board against me earlier)

Turn is an offsuit 2 and I bet-

-Fold? -Call? -Give up if nobody raises?

Second hand:

Raiser here is like the stupidest player ever, he's tight, I guess, but god he's so [censored] bad postflop it makes me cry.

He's ALWAYS looking for spots to make "good folds"(Like openraising AJo OTB and folding to the SBs 3bet) and constantly making the worst calldowns ever. (like wont fold two red Jacks on a Ac Kc 2d 4d Tc board against the most passive player in the game)

I have J9o in the BB, some idiot limps in Hijack, raiser raises OTB, SB who is a big fish calls and we all see the flop.

T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I has no heart.

check to raiser, bets, SB and I call, idiot folds.
Turn is a 3, check to raiser, bets, SB calls, I raise.

Hand 3.

Game is tightish and fairly passive, we've chopped four times in the last half hour.
8 handed, UTG folds and I raise sixes.

Typical old daytime nit 3bets out of SB and it's HU.

A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old guy check-calls.
Turn is a K
Old guy check calls.
River's a Q
Old guy checks, I think for honestly like 45 seconds and check.

Discuss.

These are the only ones I can remember right now, I'll get back to you guys with more.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:39 AM

Default Re: Ok some hands before bed.

[ QUOTE ]
These aren't all of them.

1.) Wayyy psycho table, had a hand earlier that was 9 way for two bets PF(raise was from MP) 8 way for 1 bet on the flop and 7 way for 1 bet on the turn.

6 retarded people limp before me, I raise T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the SB and say "Let's build a huge pot"
BB calls, some calls, a total spazz now 3bets.
Spazz:
Limped K6o UTG, called a raise, and called four bets on the flop AND FOUR BETS ON THE TURN on an AQJ board. (holyshit)
Everyone calls, and I just call(is not capping here bad?)

Board is 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I bet, UTG calls, spazz folds, Asian lady calls.(Asian lady peeled with JTo on a Kc 6c 2 board against me earlier)

Turn is an offsuit 2 and I bet-

-Fold? -Call? -Give up if nobody raises?

Second hand:

Raiser here is like the stupidest player ever, he's tight, I guess, but god he's so [censored] bad postflop it makes me cry.

He's ALWAYS looking for spots to make "good folds"(Like openraising AJo OTB and folding to the SBs 3bet) and constantly making the worst calldowns ever. (like wont fold two red Jacks on a Ac Kc 2d 4d Tc board against the most passive player in the game)

I have J9o in the BB, some idiot limps in Hijack, raiser raises OTB, SB who is a big fish calls and we all see the flop.

T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I has no heart.

check to raiser, bets, SB and I call, idiot folds.
Turn is a 3, check to raiser, bets, SB calls, I raise.

Hand 3.

Game is tightish and fairly passive, we've chopped four times in the last half hour.
8 handed, UTG folds and I raise sixes.

Typical old daytime nit 3bets out of SB and it's HU.

A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old guy check-calls.
Turn is a K
Old guy check calls.
River's a Q
Old guy checks, I think for honestly like 45 seconds and check.

Discuss.

These are the only ones I can remember right now, I'll get back to you guys with more.

[/ QUOTE ]

hand 1...your PFR is super sexy. also, i cap PF. i like to gambol. you probably have +EV with the play anyway. and T9 sooted is my very favoritest hand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

anyways i keep firing the flop and turn til someone plays back. if its heads up on the river i fire again if i think villain is donkish enough to give up the huge pot with an A.

hand 2 i dont like it. even weakies dont fold to this bet particularly often. and you have another caller to worry about.

i have no idea what you could beat on the river that a nit would have here. JJ?
Old 06-15-2007, 10:15 AM

What limit was this?

Hand 1:

Preflop raise is meh. You have an equity edge, sure, but it isn't that huge and this is one of the rare times that I think passing on the pf edge to increase your postflop expectation is probably correct. I could be wrong, though, and it's close for me; I definitely raise JTs here. On the turn I would fold to a raise because you're practically always drawing dead (it's a rare fish who has the balls to raise there with, say, TT), but if they both just call I might fire again on the river. I would definitely fire again on the river if there was only 1 turn caller, though; the pot is so big that the bluff only has to work once every gazillion hands or so.

Hand 2:

Do you have any physical reads on the SB fish? If you thought he was weak for some reason other than "he's a fish" then I might like your play. Readless, I don't like it because he's way too likely to call you down with a hand like 44.

Hand 3:

Does this old guy like to slowplay huge hands like top two or a big boat? Hell, even if he does I have trouble missing a river value bet here, although it's much closer. Did he react strongly to the queen? If not, I definitely bet. Of course, my thinking is "me have boat me bet" so I might be off here, but I think he'll call you with every hand he would have 3bet preflop, and raise you with AK/AA/KK/QQ, all of which you should have heard from already except QQ.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i have no idea what you could beat on the river that a nit would have here. JJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

AQ, AJ, AT, JJ, TT, 99, 88. Maybe more depending on exactly how nitty this old dude is. I'm pretty sure that all of them pay you out too.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What limit was this?

Hand 1:

Preflop raise is meh. You have an equity edge, sure, but it isn't that huge and this is one of the rare times that I think passing on the pf edge to increase your postflop expectation is probably correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

no one says we have to C-bet the flop if we miss or flop something weak like middle pair. an equity edge is an equity edge regardless of circumstances. and we wont flop top pair very often anyway with this hand, so suckout chances arent that big a concern.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:37 PM

Also it makes it less likely that you make a significant mistake when you flop something like a gutshot + BDSD because you'll have allowed yourself to call even risking a c/r. Hand 1 I'd more likely c/r the flop than bet out but I'm not sure because you didn't give spazz's position. I don't bet the turn because people will show down K high but that may be online talking.

Hand 2: I can't make sense of this:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but it sounds like it's too late to make him fold anything.

[ QUOTE ]
AQ, AJ, AT, JJ, TT, 99, 88. Maybe more depending on exactly how nitty this old dude is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nits have JJ-88 here? I'd expect those hands to open-fold first. I'm actually ok with the river check as it looks like you're getting idiot-slowplayed a huge % of the time.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:13 AM

Hand two the guy instamucked what he said was AT.
The other idiot was on a FD, rivered a six and called ASDFASDFASDFASDFSADF

Hand three when he 3bet PF and c/c turn I put him on exactly QQ or JJ, and figured I was getting 2bets in behind 50% of the time, and 1 bet in ahead 50% of the time and checked. He turned over JJ and MHIG. I'm thinking it's slightly weighted(in both ways because)

tons of idiots will fold JJ on that river, chasing just for a J
and
A lot of people would just bet out with their middle-full on the river.

I think it's a pretty good check, hand two is a little spewy but I like pwning that guy as often as I can.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:41 AM

a few comments:

hand 1 i think the pf raise is good, although so is calling. i also think the call of the 3 bet is good, but again so is capping. i prob like capping in this spot better but it is so close it dosent matter much.

hand 2: nope. i would make this play next to never and think it is way too hard to get it home with two players in the pot. sure if everything goes perfectly the super reader folds the best hand, the caller calls and misses his draw, and you win with a bluff on the river. a lot has to go right for this to work, and i just think overall you will be burning money.

hand 3: this one is interesting to me. very interesting. i prob bet and take my medicine because a super nit seems unlikely to chance a cr on that river but it is very close and it is getting hard to come up with hands that you beat and will call.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:44 PM

Keep in mind I have a gutshot in hand two.

I was thinking some more about hand three.

What's everyone think about bet-folding?

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too sick?
Old 06-16-2007, 07:11 PM

Calling a checkraise is horrible if you bet hand 3. He has a boat/quads like 100% of the time.