Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2006, 04:54 PM

Default two more HHs i need help with...

Hand #1:

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: g3rkshz is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
g3rkshz calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, g3rkshz calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, g3rkshz calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, CO folds, BB calls, g3rkshz calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, g3rkshz folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, BB calls.

correct fold on the turn?

Hand #2:

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: g3rkshz is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, g3rkshz calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, g3rkshz calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
g3rkshz checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, g3rkshz calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
g3rkshz checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, g3rkshz calls.

River: (5.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
g3rkshz checks, MP1 checks.

Final Pot: 5.75 BB

i know, this hand made me look like a calling station. did i played this hand too passively?

thanks.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:58 PM

Default Re: two more HHs i need help with...

hand #1: pf fold. because of ur position. UTG KTs is too weak.

hand #2: pf fold once again. UTG+1's no good for QTs.

common theme: you play too many weak suited cards early.. save those for multiway late positions.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

common theme: you play too many weak suited cards early.. save those for multiway late positions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see nothing wrong with playing these hands in EP. I might go as far as K9s UTG, and even as much as Q9s in really loose games.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:11 PM

Hand 1: fold preflop, as played fold the flop. The Kc my give a flush, any K may give a straight. Even if the K gives you the best hand there are a lot of redraws to beat you.

Hand 2: fold preflop. I think I check raise this flop. If 3 I am not sure (this is one area I am unsure of), I may just call down but I am not sure if this is best or folding the turn unimproved.
edit: This is my plan on the flop. If 3 bet with the turn pairing I am folding to a bet as my two pair outs are more likely to be dead.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:12 PM

For further hands include any reads you you may have, they help alot, and can sway what action you may take

hand 1 - nice hand

hand 2 - not to be results oriented, but I'd bet the river to make sure some money gets into the pot.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see nothing wrong with playing these hands in EP. I might go as far as K9s UTG, and even as much as Q9s in really loose games.

[/ QUOTE ]

no way in hell i'll play these in LAG games.. ONLY game i'll even think about playing these are the EXTREMELY loose passive ones to the tune of 30+/.5 or less/less than 1. even then i'd probably not if there are any decent players behind me..

you limp in early, that screams out 'my hand's weak, please raise me!'

it makes for dicey post flops too.. if you're supremely confident in ur post flop plays, u can be creative with these, but since i'm not at that level yet, i'll fold these with clear conscience.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:32 PM

I think in hand 2, I checkraise the flop. A standard villain holding AK or AQ will pay you off here and probably keep paying to and possibly including the river.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so what hands should i play in EP? checking PokerTracker, my average VPIP in seat numbers 1, 2, &amp; 3 is 16 (total hands for these positions = 1,082). i am following SSHE's tight pre-flop chart.

since i'm not yet confident with my post flop play, should i consider not playing KTs and QTs in EP?

thanks.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:18 PM

:grunch:

Hand 1:

I fold preflop. KT is not enough hand for me to lead out UTG.

Regardless of that, I fold after MP1 raises. 2nd pair on this board is not a pretty picture.

Hand 2:

Any read on MP1?
Old 02-21-2006, 07:30 PM

what the? are you guys joking? did Ken Warren sign up or something?

OP imo preflop both of these are fine, they are easy calls, not even remotely close at this level.

hand 1 is basically fine all round.

hand 2... im not sure about, first up if you ARE going to use c/c c/c you must bet/call that river.

im trying to work out if the times you are vulnerable against AJ/AK make up for the times you have reverse dominated AQ/KQ.

im thinking we just push our equity and checkraise the flop and lead the turn. its easy to say that c/c c/c b/c is perfect here but any A/J/K falls on the river and we will regret not putting in our money while ahead.

also if we get treyed on the flop we can correctly c/c the turn and c/f the river and save ourselves .5BB if you think you can be relatively sure he doesnt bet the river with position with ui overcards.

the final option is of course c/c c/r, but when we get treyed on the turn and cant lay we regret this too.

i think we should generally take the lower varianced c/r b/c line as standard in this situation.