Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 03:03 PM

Default 5.5 HU mistake...the complete story

Yes it was me the guy who signed up for a 5.5k hu TURBO by mistake.

First of all let me start saying that english is not my first language, thats why i may sound "funny" or like a kid.

I Didnt post until now because i wanted to post while being calm and not and hour after the match. I Also was waiting for stars to send me the complete hand history with the complete chat (till the moment they havent been able to send it). I will postwhat i have here...all the talk before cards were dealt is missing though, there i told him about the mistake and ask him to help me get out of this one, i might have also offered to cover his entry feeat that point.

To answer some of your questions:

HOW DO YOU SIGN UP FOR A 5.5 K HU match by mistake?

I play only hu matches in stars so i have the lobby filtered just to show HU HOLDEM SNGS,many times i two table them. As of late i went up to the 55 HU matches, while making the transition to this new level i have been playing 2 at a time one $33 and one $55, always signing up at the same time. In this case i had just finished the second match i had going on and i went to the lobby as quick as i could to sign up for another $33 and a $55 in case the person i had just played would sign up again. If you have ever played HU SNGS on stars you know that its a rare thing but sometimes for some strange reason when you open a HU SNG lobby and and it just got full the main lobby jumpes all the way up. So me being in a hurry to be able to play the same guy again i go to the lobby and quickly hit where the $55 tournie was just 2 seconds ago and i click register and inmidiately go to sign up for the $33 i had opened 10 seconds ago. For some reason which i never do i went to cashier to see something and i saw my account down to less than $800, my first though was i been hacked...then quickly i though what if i signed up for a higher HU, so i opened the first tab and i unregister first..it was the other tournie unfortunately, inmidiately as im going to the other lobby the table pops up i looked at the lobby and it was a 5.5k.

(according to this link other people have almost made that same mistake, because of the strange menu going up thing)

http://www.tightpoker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10175

I didn't do it to brag or take a screen shot, if i would have wanted to do that i would go to a cash table were u can actually sit and take a screen shot in the same table as, menlo, actionjeff , bax or any of those great players.

I ask to all of you to put yourself in my shoes... i have always followed a strict bankroll managment, suddenly im sitting playing a game 100 TIMES BIGGER THAN THE BIGGEST GAME I HAD PLAYED TO DATE.

Things i did to try to get out of this bad situation:

1- I told the guy inmidiately...even before any card was dealt that i had made a mistake.

2- I wanted to take as much time as possible so i used all my time bank, when this expired i limped on some hands just o be able to take more time in the flop and other streets if he didnt bet.

3- I told him he should sharkscope me to see that from the 800 HU matches that i have played the biggest ones were$50 and the average was $25. (He said he didnt had searches left... for a guy who is willing to play a 5.5k and have no searches it doesnt sound so logical)

4- i offered him to make a deal... i told him i would pay his entry fee, then his entry fee and 100, 200 and so up to 800.

5 -i told him i have emailed support up to 4 times, and we should sit out ( he declined)

6 - I asked him if he knew any "regular" high stakes players, maybe we knew a guy in common and this could help him trust me. He didnt even answer

7 -i gave him my email and told him we could talk on msn or something. He iddnt answer.

8- 30 hands were dealt before the match was stopped...i raised preflop 1 time, reraised post flop 1 time and minbet river 1 time, and i call checked hands where i had two pair on the flop and one when i had the high full house... he bet to me with 75 (nothing)

9- when support finally was there... and he told me to check the hand down i did.

What did he offered to me:

- He told me i could sit out, blind out and he would transfer me back HALF THE BUY IN, this while we were equal on chips.

- He said sorry i have lost a lot tonight. (6 of the last 7 matches..starting at $100 all the way up to $1000)

WHAT ELSE COULD I HAVE DONE, TO LET HIM KNOW IM NOT TRYING TO MAKE A MOVE ON HIM WHILE NOT CHIPPING DOWN TOO MUCH? all suggestions are accepted on this point. (At the same time i was emailing stars 5 or 6 times....talking or beggin in the chat as you wish to say it and "playing" the turbo match..i swear thats hard to do with all the uncertanty... if i had to do it again i might not have not made the only river bet i made and the preflop raise, but probably i did that as an automatic move while i was emailing stars)

If i had been on any other site, i would have had to play it out when i had a sign he didn't wanted any kinda deal, but being Stars the site in question i knew i had chopped a couple of 4 way hu SNGs in the past when blinds got very high and it took them less than 10 minutes to be on the table. I also knew that he wasn't saying anything like...he didnt wanted any deal period and he did asked where support was to make a deal, and i told him i emailed them already 4 times they should be there any second.

If you take a closer look 4 hands before the tournament is stopped we are basically equal in chips... the next 3 hands i fold timing out and the last hand when the blinds were 75 150, he limps after he knew the tournament was going to be stopped and asks me to check it down which i did. Just so u get an idea this last 150 chips which were mine when we asked for the tourney to be stopped are worth $550 dollars, so if he would have folded that hand as i did the previous 3 or if he had admitted that it would be fair to see a chip count with the chip count before than hand i would have lost $550 less, which is a lot of money for someone who just went up to play $50 SNG.

I tried to put myself on his shoes, i been told he has had his account hacked before so i understand he had to be careful, but almost all the signs would tell him i wasnt trying to angle him. People on the rail noticed this as well (to chat on the rail here u have to have a buy in so its people who know and watch or maybe even play this kinda games usually).

If you read the whole chat when the table is stopped you can see that when its clear to him that i did all i said ( brought support to the table, check it down when he asked, call with 2 pair and full house) he still wont take any consideration on the situation even fighting for $200 that the support guy made a mistake with.

Why some people say i was lucky i got back 4k? thats exactly what my stack was worth it after 3 folds and a checkdown. When the shortstacks and the chipleader make a deal on the Sunday Million is he being really nice to the others? are the shortstacks being lucky? or just doing what he thinks is best for them at the time?.

As to what i said about the money being mine or not, lets say that its all mine. If he isnt trusting me why would he trust more a friend of the guy who he thinks is angling him. Also im not going to say how important or not is that money for me, that shouldnt influence his decision. Lets just say it was a big part of the bankroll i built.. starting with about $1 and playing the lowest games available.

I respect anyones position on what they would have done in this case, but to me is frustrating because i know i would have never taken advantage of that situation. Just 2 examples to kinda "prove" this:

- A well known player account was hacked like a month ago, while i barely knew this guy i went out of my way to try to help him, emailing and PMing the sites and their representatives to try to get his money back, which worked cause this was done very fast, and he got around 7k back. I didn't do it for the recognition or expecting any money from the situation, just did it because i saw a desperate person needing help, which i could provide.

http://www.pocketfives.com/E654A35B-...F724873FE.aspx

- Once i was lucky enough to play a top ranked player from P5s HU 3 $20 straight matches... on the third match that person disconnected i was winning ... i sat out for 10 minutes and when it was obvious nobody was coming back i won the tournie... next time i saw this player i offered to transfer the buy in back which was not accepted because $20 is nothing for this player.

- Im not mother Theresa or anything... if someone i dont know disconnects and i know its just one of their usual buy ins i probably finish the match and i dont look for them after, if i had been playing that person before or for 2 or 3 matches i give it back for sure. This isnt really the case here cause i didnt entered the 5.5k match on purpose it was a huge mistake and very bad timing because i wasnt registered for more than 25 seconds and normally players sit there for hours without getting a match started. If this guy saw someone from the lower stakes was there and try to take advantage, thats up to him (although according to him he didnt had any sharkscope searches), but i dont think he should play the: "i was a very good, very fair and very decent person" card he should just admit he had a chance to make up for earlier losses that day and he took advantage of it.

I was also very unfortunate that after 3 or 4 emails to support, where i asked in all of them for a support guy to come to the table (with subjects from urgent to ULTRAURGENT), that they choose to answer the email instead of going to the table....therefore i had to send 2 more emails asking for someone from support to come to the table. This few minutes were crucial as well cause blinds went up to a point where each big blind equaled 550 dollars. Stars and i have been talking on this point and maybe they can do something, at least fix the thing were the lobby goes all the way up or wonder why they didnt went to the table instead of answering the email or doing both.

I appreciate any opinions, for or against... as long as they are serious since this was definatly a serious matter to me.

IFIHADITALL ... if you wish to talk in private you can PM me in p5s, 2+2, or im sure u know how u can get my aim. Anything i said here is not to make you look bad, is just my honest side of the story...you can post your hand history and any "lies" i have posted as well if you wish. If i said anything offensive to you after the deal, forgive me just imagine how upset i was about all the situation

Here it is the hand history without what was said the minute before it started and during the "dealmaking"...il post that as soon as stars sends it to me.

*********** # 1 **************
PokerStars Game #10422597969: Tournament #52748037, $5500+$100 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level I (10/20) - 2007/06/13 - 20:58:18 (ET)
Table '52748037 1' 2-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: coolmeod (1500 in chips)
Seat 2: IfIHadItAll (1500 in chips)
coolmeod: posts small blind 10
IfIHadItAll: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to coolmeod [9s 3d]
IfIHadItAll said, "uhh no?"
coolmeod said, "i mean it"
coolmeod said, "check my sharkscope"
coolmeod: calls 10
IfIHadItAll said, "i have no searches left"
IfIHadItAll: checks
*** FLOP *** [7d 7s 8d]
coolmeod said, "come on"
coolmeod said, "im being serious"
coolmeod said, "be a nice person"
coolmeod: checks
*** TURN *** [7d 7s 8d] [Qd]
IfIHadItAll: bets 20
coolmeod: folds
IfIHadItAll collected 40 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 40 | Rake 0
Board [7d 7s 8d Qd]
Seat 1: coolmeod (button) (small blind) folded on the Turn
Seat 2: IfIHadItAll (big blind) collected (40)

*********** # 2 **************
PokerStars Game #10422621790: Tournament #52748037, $5500+$100 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level I (10/20) - 2007/06/13 - 20:59:55 (ET)
Table '52748037 1' 2-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: coolmeod (1480 in chips)
Seat 2: IfIHadItAll (1520 in chips)
IfIHadItAll: posts small blind 10
coolmeod: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to coolmeod [Qh Th]
IfIHadItAll: folds
coolmeod collected 20 from pot
coolmeod: doesn't show hand
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 20 | Rake 0
Seat 1: coolmeod (big blind) collected (20)
Seat 2: IfIHadItAll (button) (small blind) folded before Flop

*********** # 3 **************
PokerStars Game #10422623964: Tournament #52748037, $5500+$100 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level I (10/20) - 2007/06/13 - 21:00:02 (ET)
Seat 1: coolmeod (1490 in chips)
Seat 2: IfIHadItAll (1510 in chips)
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to coolmeod [9h Td]
*** FLOP *** [7d Ah 7s]
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 40 | Rake 0
Board [7d Ah 7s]
Seat 1: coolmeod (button) (small blind) folded on the Flop

*********** # 4 **************
PokerStars Game #10422634574: Tournament #52748037, $5500+$100 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level I (10/20) - 2007/06/13 - 21:00:45 (ET)
Seat 1: coolmeod (1470 in chips)
Seat 2: IfIHadItAll (1530 in chips)
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to coolmeod [5h Ad]
IfIHadItAll: raises 40 to 60
coolmeod said, "WHO ARE U?"
IfIHadItAll said, "if u can try to get support in here we can work a deal"
coolmeod said, "man how much do u want on tiop"
coolmeod said, "i email them"
coolmeod said, "please"
IfIHadItAll said, "idk?"
coolmeod said, "i did"
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 40 | Rake 0
Seat 1: coolmeod (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 2: IfIHadItAll (button) (small blind) collected (40)

*********** # 5 **************
PokerStars Game #10422646817: Tournament #52748037, $5500+$100 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level I (10/20) - 2007/06/13 - 21:01:31 (ET)
Seat 1: coolmeod (1450 in chips)
Seat 2: IfIHadItAll (1550 in chips)
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to coolmeod [6h 8c]
coolmeod said, "just wait"
coolmeod said, "can we both sit out?"
IfIHadItAll said, "im not sitting out"
coolmeod said, "look at my stats im good"
IfIHadItAll: raises 60 to 80
coolmeod said, "this is just not mine money"
coolmeod said, "i cant gamble on other people money"
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 40 | Rake 0
Seat 1: coolmeod (button) (small blind) folded before Flop

*********** # 6 **************
PokerStars Game #10422660662: Tournament #52748037, $5500+$100 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level I (10/20) - 2007/06/13 - 21:02:27 (ET)
Seat 1: coolmeod (1430 in chips)
Seat 2: IfIHadItAll (1570 in chips)
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to coolmeod [5c Qs]
IfIHadItAll: calls 10
*** FLOP *** [Qh 5s 4s]
coolmeod said, "so?"
coolmeod: calls 20
*** TURN *** [Qh 5s 4s] [Ts]
*** RIVER *** [Qh 5s 4s Ts] [3c]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
coolmeod: shows [5c Qs] (two pair, Queens and Fives)
IfIHadItAll: mucks hand
coolmeod collected 80 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 80 | Rake 0
Board [Qh 5s 4s Ts 3c]
Seat 1: coolmeod (big blind) showed [5c Qs] and won (80) with two pair, Queens and Fives
Seat 2: IfIHadItAll (button) (small blind) mucked [5d 7h]

*********** # 7 **************
PokerStars Game #10422685247: Tournament #52748037, $5500+$100 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level II (15/30) - 2007/06/13 - 21:04:02 (ET)
coolmeod: posts small blind 15
IfIHadItAll: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to coolmeod [Kd 2s]
coolmeod said, "i had 2 pair"
coolmeod said, "im not messing"
coolmeod: calls 15
*** FLOP *** [8d 7h Th]
*** TURN *** [8d 7h Th] [8c]
*** RIVER *** [8d 7h Th 8c] [Ks]
IfIHadItAll said, "sry dude"
IfIHadItAll said, "im down a lot to day"
coolmeod said, "come on"
*** SHOW DOWN ***
IfIHadItAll: shows [As 2c] (a pair of Eights)
coolmeod: shows [Kd 2s] (two pair, Kings and Eights)
coolmeod collected 60 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 60 | Rake 0
Board [8d 7h Th 8c Ks]
Seat 1: coolmeod (button) (small blind) showed [Kd 2s] and won (60) with two pair, Kings and Eights
Seat 2: IfIHadItAll (big blind) showed [As 2c] and lost with a pair of Eights

*********** # 8 **************
PokerStars Game #10422702530: Tournament #52748037, $5500+$100 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level II (15/30) - 2007/06/13 - 21:05:09 (ET)
Seat 1: coolmeod (1500 in chips)
Seat 2: IfIHadItAll (1500 in chips)
IfIHadItAll: posts small blind 15
coolmeod: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to coolmeod [7s 6s]
IfIHadItAll: raises 60 to 90
IfIHadItAll collected 60 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 60 | Rake 0
Seat 2: IfIHadItAll (button) (small blind) collected (60)

*********** # 9 **************
PokerStars Game #10422710121: Tournament #52748037, $5500+$100 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level II (15/30) - 2007/06/13 - 21:05:39 (ET)
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to coolmeod [Kc Jd]
IfIHadItAll: raises 90 to 120
coolmeod said, "ill give u ur entry back"
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 60 | Rake 0
Seat 2: IfIHadItAll (big blind) collected (60)

*********** # 10 **************
PokerStars Game #10422721462: Tournament #52748037, $5500+$100 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level II (15/30) - 2007/06/13 - 21:06:24 (ET)
Seat 1: coolmeod (1440 in chips)
Seat 2: IfIHadItAll (1560 in chips)
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to coolmeod [Qs 6h]
IfIHadItAll: raises 60 to 90
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 60 | Rake 0

*********** # 11 **************
PokerStars Game #10422729826: Tournament #52748037, $5500+$100 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level II (15/30) - 2007/06/13 - 21:06:56 (ET)
Seat 1: coolmeod (1410 in chips)
Seat 2: IfIHadItAll (1590 in chips)
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to coolmeod [7c 6d]
IfIHadItAll said, "if you fold out the game, ill give you 1/2 your buyin back"
*** FLOP *** [7s Ah Jh]
*** TURN *** [7s Ah Jh] [Kh]
*** RIVER *** [7s Ah Jh Kh] [6s]
coolmeod: bets 60
coolmeod collected 60 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 60 | Rake 0
Board [7s Ah Jh Kh 6s]
Seat 1: coolmeod (button) (small blind) collected (60)
Seat 2: IfIHadItAll (big blind) folded on the River

*********** # 12 **************
PokerStars Game #10422745933: Tournament #52748037, $5500+$100 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level II (15/30) - 2007/06/13 - 21:07:59 (ET)
Seat 1: coolmeod (1440 in chips)
Seat 2: IfIHadItAll (1560 in chips)
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to coolmeod [9d Ad]
IfIHadItAll: calls 15
coolmeod said, "u know i wont do that"
coolmeod said, "be a nice person understand my mistake"
*** FLOP *** [7s Jh 6s]
IfIHadItAll: bets 30
ThePabloShow [observer] said, "karma could be killer"
coolmeod said, "who are u"
coolmeod said, "maybe i know someone who knows u"
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 60 | Rake 0
Board [7s Jh 6s]
Seat 1: coolmeod (big blind) folded on the Flop

*********** # 13 **************
PokerStars Game #10422760536: Tournament #52748037, $5500+$100 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level III (25/50) - 2007/06/13 - 21:08:56 (ET)
coolmeod: posts small blind 25
IfIHadItAll: posts big blind 50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to coolmeod [Js Jd]
coolmeod said, "please pablo tell him"
coolmeod said, "where is support?"
ThePabloShow [observer] said, "hah, hes not gonna listen to me"
coolmeod: raises 150 to 200
coolmeod collected 100 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 100 | Rake 0
Seat 1: coolmeod (button) (small blind) collected (100)
Seat 2: IfIHadItAll (big blind) folded before Flop

*********** # 14 **************
PokerStars Game #10422768541: Tournament #52748037, $5500+$100 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level III (25/50) - 2007/06/13 - 21:09:27 (ET)
Seat 1: coolmeod (1460 in chips)
Seat 2: IfIHadItAll (1540 in chips)
IfIHadItAll: posts small blind 25
coolmeod: posts big blind 50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to coolmeod [Qc 4s]
IfIHadItAll: raises 50 to 100
coolmeod said, "ifihad do u know JMPRODIGY?"
IfIHadItAll said, "no"
coolmeod: calls 50
*** FLOP *** [Jc 5d 6c]
coolmeod said, "so lesta make a deal now?"
*** TURN *** [Jc 5d 6c] [9h]
ThePabloShow [observer] said, "ur gamblin with JMs money?"
coolmeod said, "or its going to be a 5k coin toss and i will be in debt forever"
IfIHadItAll said, "i told u if u brought support here in time"
*** RIVER *** [Jc 5d 6c 9h] [Qd]
coolmeod said, "i email them 3 times"
*** SHOW DOWN ***
coolmeod: shows [Qc 4s] (a pair of Queens)
IfIHadItAll: mucks hand
coolmeod collected 200 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 200 | Rake 0
Board [Jc 5d 6c 9h Qd]
Seat 1: coolmeod (big blind) showed [Qc 4s] and won (200) with a pair of Queens
Seat 2: IfIHadItAll (button) (small blind) mucked [5h Ac]

*********** # 15 **************
PokerStars Game #10422789167: Tournament #52748037, $5500+$100 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level III (25/50) - 2007/06/13 - 21:10:46 (ET)
Seat 1: coolmeod (1560 in chips)
Seat 2: IfIHadItAll (1440 in chips)
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to coolmeod [8s Ah]
coolmeod said, "i have folded jj"
coolmeod: calls 25
*** FLOP *** [Qs 5h 9c]
IfIHadItAll: bets 50
coolmeod said, "if i call is just to eat time"
IfIHadItAll collected 100 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 100 | Rake 0
Board [Qs 5h 9c]
Seat 1: coolmeod (button) (small blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 2: IfIHadItAll (big blind) collected (100)

*********** # 16 **************
PokerStars Game #10422801019: Tournament #52748037, $5500+$100 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level III (25/50) - 2007/06/13 - 21:11:31 (ET)
Seat 1: coolmeod (1510 in chips)
Seat 2: IfIHadItAll (1490 in chips)
IfIHadItAll: posts small blind 25
coolmeod: posts big blind 50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to coolmeod [6s 4s]
IfIHadItAll: calls 25
*** FLOP *** [2h Td 8s]
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 100 | Rake 0
Board [2h Td 8s]
Seat 1: coolmeod (big blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 2: IfIHadItAll (button) (small blind) collected (100)

*********** # 17 **************
PokerStars Game #10422812252: Tournament #52748037, $5500+$100 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level III (25/50) - 2007/06/13 - 21:12:15 (ET)
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to coolmeod [Ac 5h]
coolmeod said, "SO?"
coolmeod said, "ill give u 100 more"
coolmeod: calls 25
*** FLOP *** [8d 8h 9h]
IfIHadItAll said, "100?"
coolmeod said, "u dont think im joking do u?"
coolmeod said, "i plays 50s"
coolmeod said, "come on"
coolmeod said, "its not my money"
*** TURN *** [8d 8h 9h] [Ah]
*** RIVER *** [8d 8h 9h Ah] [8c]
coolmeod said, "lets just write the deal here"
coolmeod said, "ok?"
coolmeod: calls 50
*** SHOW DOWN ***
IfIHadItAll: shows [7d 5c] (three of a kind, Eights)
coolmeod: shows [Ac 5h] (a full house, Eights full of Aces)
coolmeod collected 200 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 200 | Rake 0
Board [8d 8h 9h Ah 8c]
Seat 1: coolmeod (button) (small blind) showed [Ac 5h] and won (200) with a full house, Eights full of Aces
Seat 2: IfIHadItAll (big blind) showed [7d 5c] and lost with three of a kind, Eights

*********** # 18 **************
PokerStars Game #10422833928: Tournament #52748037, $5500+$100 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level IV (50/100) - 2007/06/13 - 21:13:39 (ET)
Seat 1: coolmeod (1560 in chips)
Seat 2: IfIHadItAll (1440 in chips)
IfIHadItAll: posts small blind 50
coolmeod: posts big blind 100
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to coolmeod [7h 9d]
IfIHadItAll: raises 100 to 200
coolmeod said, "look the hands im just calling"
coolmeod said, "say something"
coolmeod said, "dont be an like that"
coolmeod has timed out
coolmeod is sitting out
coolmeod has returned
IfIHadItAll collected 200 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 200 | Rake 0
Seat 2: IfIHadItAll (button) (small blind) collected (200)

*********** # 19 **************
PokerStars Game #10422841456: Tournament #52748037, $5500+$100 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level IV (50/100) - 2007/06/13 - 21:14:08 (ET)
coolmeod: posts small blind 50
IfIHadItAll: posts big blind 100
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to coolmeod [5c Th]
coolmeod said, "do we have a deal?"
IfIHadItAll said, "no"
coolmeod said, "why not"
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 100 | Rake 0

*********** # 20 **************
PokerStars Game #10422847912: Tournament #52748037, $5500+$100 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level IV (50/100) - 2007/06/13 - 21:14:33 (ET)
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to coolmeod [4d 6d]
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 100 | Rake 0
Seat 1: coolmeod (big blind) collected (100)

*********** # 21 **************
PokerStars Game #10422849680: Tournament #52748037, $5500+$100 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level IV (50/100) - 2007/06/13 - 21:14:40 (ET)
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to coolmeod [3c 4s]
coolmeod said, "plz man"
coolmeod said, "ill do anything u ask that its not money"
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 100 | Rake 0

*********** # 22 **************
PokerStars Game #10422856162: Tournament #52748037, $5500+$100 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level IV (50/100) - 2007/06/13 - 21:15:05 (ET)
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to coolmeod [5c Qd]
IfIHadItAll: raises 150 to 250
coolmeod has timed out
coolmeod is sitting out
coolmeod has returned
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 200 | Rake 0

*********** # 23 **************
PokerStars Game #10422864563: Tournament #52748037, $5500+$100 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level IV (50/100) - 2007/06/13 - 21:15:37 (ET)
Seat 1: coolmeod (1310 in chips)
Seat 2: IfIHadItAll (1690 in chips)
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to coolmeod [Jc 4s]
coolmeod said, "they will come only if we have a sdeal"
coolmeod said, "do we have one?"
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 100 | Rake 0

*********** # 24 **************
PokerStars Game #10422869819: Tournament #52748037, $5500+$100 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level IV (50/100) - 2007/06/13 - 21:15:57 (ET)
Seat 1: coolmeod (1260 in chips)
Seat 2: IfIHadItAll (1740 in chips)
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to coolmeod [As 9s]
IfIHadItAll said, "no"
IfIHadItAll said, "if u fold out right now- i will transfer 1/2 your buyin back swear"
IfIHadItAll said, "y/n?"
coolmeod said, "no"
Dr. Fells [observer] said, "so classless"
coolmeod: raises 1060 to 1260 and is all-in
Dr. Fells [observer] said, "just cut the guy a break"
coolmeod collected 400 from pot
ThePabloShow [observer] said, "yah seriously"
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 400 | Rake 0
Seat 1: coolmeod (big blind) collected (400)

*********** # 25 **************
PokerStars Game #10422879849: Tournament #52748037, $5500+$100 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level IV (50/100) - 2007/06/13 - 21:16:36 (ET)
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to coolmeod [Qd Js]
ThePabloShow [observer] said, "waiting til now to say no deal"
IfIHadItAll said, "ive said no deal all along"
IfIHadItAll said, "i actually said if support came"
Dr. Fells [observer] said, "clearly an accident..no harm done"
ThePabloShow [observer] said, "you gave him some hope"
IfIHadItAll said, "id be ok with it"
coolmeod has timed out
coolmeod is sitting out
ThePabloShow [observer] said, "and he didnt get to play his hands"
coolmeod has returned
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 100 | Rake 0

*********** # 26 **************
PokerStars Game #10422886665: Tournament #52748037, $5500+$100 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level IV (50/100) - 2007/06/13 - 21:17:03 (ET)
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to coolmeod [8c Js]
Dr. Fells [observer] said, "why dont u let him fold out to u..and u transfer?"
coolmeod said, "support will come"
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 100 | Rake 0
Seat 1: coolmeod (big blind) collected (100)

*********** # 27 **************
PokerStars Game #10422890780: Tournament #52748037, $5500+$100 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level IV (50/100) - 2007/06/13 - 21:17:18 (ET)
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to coolmeod [9s 2h]
coolmeod said, "ill give him his fee back"
coolmeod has timed out
coolmeod is sitting out
coolmeod said, "ill give u 150 extra"
Dr. Fells [observer] said, "does'nt seem to eant to be a decnt guy"
coolmeod has returned
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 100 | Rake 0

*********** # 28 **************
PokerStars Game #10422897642: Tournament #52748037, $5500+$100 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level IV (50/100) - 2007/06/13 - 21:17:45 (ET)
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to coolmeod [4h 3h]
coolmeod said, "ok?"
coolmeod said, "deal?"
coolmeod has timed out
coolmeod is sitting out
coolmeod has returned
Dr. Fells [observer] said, "dont rely on support at this point...try to win imo"
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 200 | Rake 0

*********** # 29 **************
PokerStars Game #10422905640: Tournament #52748037, $5500+$100 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level IV (50/100) - 2007/06/13 - 21:18:15 (ET)
Seat 1: coolmeod (1310 in chips)
Seat 2: IfIHadItAll (1690 in chips)
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to coolmeod [4h 2h]
coolmeod said, "i trust him"
coolmeod said, "its only fair"
Dr. Fells [observer] said, "he siad no"
coolmeod said, "so deal?"
coolmeod has timed out
coolmeod is sitting out
Dr. Fells [observer] said, "u better play"
coolmeod has returned
HostMathewV [observer] said, "Hey players"
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 100 | Rake 0

*********** # 30 **************
PokerStars Game #10422913519: Tournament #52748037, $5500+$100 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level V (75/150) - 2007/06/13 - 21:18:47 (ET)
Seat 1: coolmeod (1260 in chips)
Seat 2: IfIHadItAll (1740 in chips)
IfIHadItAll: posts small blind 75
coolmeod: posts big blind 150
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to coolmeod [6c Qd]
coolmeod said, "here he is"
coolmeod said, "stop it please"
IfIHadItAll said, "plz paue"
IfIHadItAll said, "plz pause"
coolmeod said, "pause"
IfIHadItAll: calls 75
*** FLOP *** [Ad 2d Jh]
IfIHadItAll said, "chk this hand down"
*** TURN *** [Ad 2d Jh] [7d]
*** RIVER *** [Ad 2d Jh 7d] [Jc]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
coolmeod: shows [6c Qd] (a pair of Jacks)
IfIHadItAll: shows [7h Kc] (two pair, Jacks and Sevens)
IfIHadItAll collected 300 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 300 | Rake 0
Board [Ad 2d Jh 7d Jc]
Seat 1: coolmeod (big blind) showed [6c Qd] and lost with a pair of Jacks
Seat 2: IfIHadItAll (button) (small blind) showed [7h Kc] and won (300) with two pair, Jacks and Sevens
Old 06-14-2007, 03:08 PM

Default Re: 5.5 HU mistake...the complete story

Did you really just post a chapter book? I think after this anyone whop doesn't believe you is an idiot.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:15 PM

omg post
Old 06-14-2007, 03:16 PM

Please provide more information
Old 06-14-2007, 03:16 PM

you could've won this
Old 06-14-2007, 03:17 PM

yeah obviously this guy is telling the truth
Old 06-14-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
p5s

[/ QUOTE ]

nuff said
Old 06-14-2007, 03:17 PM

yeah thats cruel man, it's obviously a mistake... you shouldve paid for his rake and thats it. ifihaditall.. i can't blame you cause you have to look out for yourself, but look how distraught this guy is. i just imagine like if it were my little brother or something who plays $50 HU sngs.. if this happened to him he woudl just be so decimated to lose over half his bankroll.

edit: yeah it looks liek the hands he got at first, this guy easily coulve been up on ifihad it all just by luck. but he didnt even play those hands.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah thats cruel man, it's obviously a mistake... you shouldve paid for his rake and thats it. ifihaditall.. i can't blame you cause you have to look out for yourself, but look how distraught this guy is. i just imagine like if it were my little brother or something who plays $50 HU sngs.. if this happened to him he woudl just be so decimated to lose all his roll and money that does not belong to him

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-14-2007, 03:21 PM

dude imo i think the only part he was lying is when he said it wasn't his money. you'd say that to get some sympathy when making a deal - which may not be "moral" but is understandable. i would not at all be surprised to find that it was his own money - which i think he implied when he said like "ok just pretend it was all my money"