Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 12:47 PM

Default NL10 - Playing/defending in the SB

This is a situation I face often. Player on the button flat calls the BB and I'm in the SB with Ax or QTo or something like that. What is best to do in this situation raise/call/fold.

And another question I have is, if there are several limpers before you and you are in the SB, what kind of cards u guys call with?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

Hero (SB): $9.60
BB: $3.90
UTG: $9.75
UTG+1: $1.70
MP1: $10.30
MP2: $5.75
MP3: $2.15
CO: $12.65
BTN: $6.90

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 (9 Players)
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, BTN calls $0.10,
Hero should...
Old 06-14-2007, 01:16 PM

Default Re: NL10 - Playing/defending in the SB

I complete with alot of crap in the sb. As long as there is 2-4 players in I will complete with any two suited, any no gap connectors, two gappers 57 and up, things like j8 a lot of garbage. I have just seen so many people stack off with crap that I think calling for half a bet with good odds and hoping to flop big is a good plan.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I complete with alot of crap in the sb. As long as there is 2-4 players in I will complete with any two suited, any no gap connectors, two gappers 57 and up, things like j8 a lot of garbage. I have just seen so many people stack off with crap that I think calling for half a bet with good odds and hoping to flop big is a good plan.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with this to a large extent. when it folds to you in sb i am always either raise or fold. but when at least someone limps and i have any semblance of a hand i usually complete. one thing for you to take into consideration however is your ability to make good decisions oop. calling a lot out of the sb like this could be very -EV for you if you get carried away with mediocre hands in unraised pots OOP.

i would complete the hand you showed. i A hits im usually checking and trying to get value on the turn.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:55 PM

I have very tight standards out of the SB.

If there are two limpers I'll play any SCs, and high suited one gappers. Any suited ace, too. I'll play high suited aces (A9s+) with just one limper.

One of my goals is to go all Pokey and try limping in the SB with a bunch of [censored] just to see how it goes, but I hate playing out of the SB.