Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 11:59 AM

Default 25NL TP w/ a straight draw

I know I should have folded this preflop, but button has been taking a lot of stabs and unraised pots. I think my flop bet may have been a bit small. My thinking on the turn was to give myself pot odds for a fullhouse with a $2 blocking bet and I thought I'm only going to get called by a Jack. And it may look like a value bet with a made hand.

I don't think I am calculating my odds for fullhouses when I have 2 pair correctly most of the time (6 outs). I think it's 1:4 from the flop so I think my $2 turn bet was wrong but $1 on the turn for ~1:8 (I'm assuming one caller here) would have looked pretty weak I think.

Any thoughts on bet sizing here or anything else?

Stacks:

Hero: $67.35
UTG+1: $13.75
Button: $25.10

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, MP1 calls, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $0.75</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($2.35, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.5</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($6.85, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($12.85, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 bets $5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $22</font>, Hero folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 calls all-in $4.5</font>.
Uncalled bets: $12.5 returned to Button.

Results:
Final pot: $31.85
Old 06-14-2007, 12:40 PM

Default Re: 25NL TP w/ a straight draw

I would bet the pot on the turn, you have a straight draw and two pair. If you are pushed all in you would have a decision to make but at least you would know where you stand.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:06 PM

OP, with 2-pair you have 4 outs to a full house, not 6. Isifhan, hero does not have a straight draw on the turn.

You gave an explanation for preflop, so I won't harp on that. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] This is a great flop for you. Top pair and the high side of a one card straight. If button is aggressive post-flop (cbet &gt; 85% or AF &gt; 2 or so) I would consider going for a c/r. Against an unknown or someone I wasn't so sure if they'd c-bet I lead out like you did. Your bet sizing is at the very bottom end of what I think would be appropriate. I'd go with $2, but whatevs.

That's a brootal turn card. I guess your bet is OK if they are super passive. I would probably get passive myself (WA/WB) and check and see how big a bet I have to call to go on.

River is solid. After a bet and a raise you hand is no good.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP, with 2-pair you have 4 outs to a full house, not 6. Isifhan, hero does not have a straight draw on the turn.

You gave an explanation for preflop, so I won't harp on that. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] This is a great flop for you. Top pair and the high side of a one card straight. If button is aggressive post-flop (cbet &gt; 85% or AF &gt; 2 or so) I would consider going for a c/r. Against an unknown or someone I wasn't so sure if they'd c-bet I lead out like you did. Your bet sizing is at the very bottom end of what I think would be appropriate. I'd go with $2, but whatevs.

That's a brootal turn card. I guess your bet is OK if they are super passive. I would probably get passive myself (WA/WB) and check and see how big a bet I have to call to go on.

River is solid. After a bet and a raise you hand is no good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agree completely.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah sorry read the hand too fast. Will teach me to slow down and think.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like the $2 bet into a $6.85 pot oop with two people in front of you, I think I would either check or bet the pot here as you have outs and you don't want to let someone draw for cheap. Is my thinking way off base here? River is a c/fold.