Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 11:35 AM

Default 1/2 Live 300 bb

So the two villians in this stack are the best player at the table, a good thinking regular who is slightly loose but very aggressive and a terrible tourist who is on his 4th buyin I think, he had previously put in 150 bb with Q977 PF. I have $600 donkey has $300 and Good villian covers.

Donkey Raises utg to 10 (open to 10 game), I call with AJT8 with suited JT and the ace of hearts. Everyone calls and GV calls in BB.

At this point donkey had opened a few hands that were not very good, but not so much out of position like this and I feel that he is probably tightening up. The good villian could have any 4 cards.

Flop AQTr ($85) and it checks around.

Turn Kh putting a flush draw out and giving me the nuts o redraws. GV checks, Donkey bets $10??? I pot to 105 I think and GV calls, Donkey thinks, then calls.

River. 3h completing the heart draw, GV checks, donkey bets out $150 all in. Hero??? (I have about $400 behind and villian still to act has me covered.)

I will post my thoughts later I don't want them to influence what you guys think.

Thanks
Old 06-14-2007, 11:52 AM

Default Re: 1/2 Live 300 bb

Um fold? Not much chance of getting a side pot unless good villain has you beat.. unless you think the donkey would bluff here, good player would fold and you'd take down the pot?
Old 06-14-2007, 11:59 AM

So you just think that my hand is never good HU against the donkey? Why not? He called all in with q977!
Old 06-14-2007, 12:28 PM

You look beat by the donkey. I think this is a fold, at best your probably splitting. The weak 10 dollar donk lead screams flush draw and wants to see it cheap with that horrible bet. Also, what would the GV call with after you pot this turn, probably a dry straight I would guess.

YOUR SPLITTING AT BEST, W/ GOOD POSSIBILITY YOUR LOSING TO A BIG FLUSH FROM DONKEY OR SMALL FLUSH FROM GV. JUST FOLD.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:02 PM

But this means that if I am beat that the donkey led a queen high flush draw, what kinda terrible player is this creative?
Old 06-14-2007, 01:06 PM

Thats not a terrible lead, its a blocking bet of sorts hoping to see a cheap river card for his draw. Surely anyone that has played enough poker have seen these bets.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thats not a terrible lead, its a blocking bet of sorts hoping to see a cheap river card for his draw. Surely anyone that has played enough poker have seen these bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Endlessly in HE, virtually never except from good players in Omaha high, this is my experience over about 100 hours live. (In which I am a HUGE winner, if i said my hourly rate you would call me a liar or a luckbox). However I admit it isnt THAT many hours.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:21 PM

No all you have to do is say LIVE....we'd belive you.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No all you have to do is say LIVE....we'd belive you.

[/ QUOTE ]

40+ (might be 60 but i can only confirm 40) bb/hour in 2-5 and 1-2 half and half and straight PLO games (i mostly just play 99+ and AQ+ in the HE half of the game in the 2-5 since there are excellent HE players who are bad at PLO in that game)
Old 06-14-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Endlessly in HE, virtually never except from good players in Omaha high, this is my experience over about 100 hours live. (In which I am a HUGE winner, if i said my hourly rate you would call me a liar or a luckbox). However I admit it isnt THAT many hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, this is like 3000 hands, if that.

and fold. even if you are ahead of donkey enough to make it a call against him (which I doubt), villain still to act makes this so easy. if you call you will probably get over-called by any semi-decent flush, and one or the other of these guys will have it about a million percent of the time. you could raise to drive out any flush behind, but then you'd have to risk $450 to protect an overlay on the main call of maybe $15 tops. villain will hero-call with a medium flush much more than 3% of the time, especially since your river play doesn't represent the nuts that well -- i.e., why would you raise rather than go for an overcall?

i'm guessing you raised and 2nd villain folded a flush and you were good and now you think you're smart.