Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 10:02 AM

Default NL 10 (FTP) overpair+OESD on flop

Reads: 11.45/2.25/18.00
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $4.25
<u>BB: $6.40</u>
UTG: $13.05
UTG+1: $22.75
MP1: $17.45
MP2: $11.30
<u>Hero (MP3): $9.80</u>
CO: $9.35
BTN: $5.70

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J (9 Players)
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.35</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $0.35, SB folds, BB calls $0.25

Flop: ($1.10) T 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.60</font>, BTN calls $0.60, <font color="red">BB raises all-in to $6.05</font>, Hero should...

I really didn't know what to do at that moment, but looking to his stats I thought he might be pushing with an OESD or a flushdraw so I called... don't know if i might post the result as well because I've read u're not allowed to post results of a hand...
I hope someone can tell me if my call was justified or not?
Old 06-14-2007, 10:10 AM

Default Re: NL 10 (FTP) overpair+OESD on flop

I would fold, but I'm a conservative type of player. Depending on how many hands the stats were over he looks like a pretty nitty guy who isn't pushing without a good hand. But then again with VPIP at 11.45 its such a small range, I doubt he has an already made straight. He could have AQc, or maybe 2 pair, plus I doubt you could count the jacks as part of your outs.

I guess this post wasn't that helpful, I reckon just fold, I think its too marginal a situation and you only have 90c invested so its easy to let it go.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:21 AM

My stats of him contain 257 hands, thanks for the reply, every single one is a helpful one. It makes sense that u say I only invested 90ct yet. Point of view I didn't took in consideration, I was thinking in terms of beating him...
Old 06-14-2007, 01:12 PM

To be honest I would probably call here as well. I dont know if it is weak or what. His bet definitely isn't a flopped straight so those outs are pretty good. He could have JTs, he could have flopped two pair which you are drawing to a lot of outs, he also could just have something like KQ clubs or AQclubs. I mean his range may not be that wide but I call alot of hands like that from the blinds against a smallish raise.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:22 PM

Tnx, for the reply. Because I'm new here and there are a lot of rules about posting your hands here... Is it allowed to post the result of the hands as well? I think I've read it isn't allowed but I'm not sure [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2007, 01:56 PM

the idea behind not posting results is just that it improves the quality of the discussion, because people's comments aren't biased or results-oriented. once there's been some discussion i think it's fine to post results, especially if you put it in white so it's concealed until you highlight the text.

as for the hand, i wouldn't be surprised if he had a club draw and maybe an overcard or two. i would be shocked if he had a better made hand. sucky spot but i think we're ahead often, and when we're not we have good equity. the only thing that scares me is his preflop raise percentage... so low... he could be flat calling preflop with QQ and even KK(??) so i might actually fold with so little invested. if i had any kind of read that he jams draws, is on tilt, or is playing like a maniac, i'd call.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would fold, but I'm a conservative type of player. Depending on how many hands the stats were over he looks like a pretty nitty guy who isn't pushing without a good hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? An aggression factor of 18 and you think he's "a pretty nitty guy who isn't pushing without a good hand" ?
He's pushing 88+, any flush draw, any OESD+one pair, any two pair, and a bluff a small % of the time.
It's a bit on the fence, I call this.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:13 PM

Ok thanks for the discussion, it was helpful to me. The continue of the hand:

Hero calls $5.45, BTN folds

Turn: ($13.80) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

River: ($13.80) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $13.80 ($1.35 Rake)
BB had 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 (a full house, Eights full of Nines) and WON (+$6.05)
Hero had J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J (two pair, Jacks and Nines) and LOST (-$6.40)