Default 50NL - AQs in BB multiway

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) handconverter.com

SB ($16.40)
BB ($51.55)
Hero ($58.00)
MP ($46.00)
CO ($18.15)
Button ($49.25)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $1.75, SB calls $1.50, Hero calls $1.25.

Flop: ($7) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero ...

PFRaiser is 44/7/1.3 over ~100 hands; button and sb are unknown; I'm playing abc TAG.

1) Anyone 3bets this preflop?
2) What's the general plan now for this hand? In limit, I could think something like "I'm getting this to showdown unless there's a raising war / really bad cards, I might put in a raise somewhere" (and I'd 3bet pf). Having such a plan makes me more relaxed and comfortable playing OOP. Is it possible to think up a general plan right here?
Old 06-14-2007, 06:53 AM

Default Re: 50NL - AQs in BB multiway

I'd re-raise it preflop because you don't want to play it OOP multiway. As played you are in a bit of a pickle because.... you are OOP multiway. I guess there are two plans - the first is bet here and see if you can take it down, or check it all the way down and try and win at SD. Given that checking it down is going to leave you open to about a billion collective outs, I don't know that its the best option and theres a good chance that you have the best hand.

Given that MP is likely to bet again, you might want him to do the betting for you so check and call, and just cc down. But really, this is not the spot to be in preflop, I'd pop it again.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:03 AM

is folding preflop too weak?
i mean against someone whos PFR is 7 i don't think we are ahead of his range, we are likely to be dominated(i put him on AK ) and we are OOP for the rest of the hand.
i really think i would fold pre and i think i am not weak tight, am i?
Old 06-14-2007, 07:29 AM

With his pfr of 7 it is even more than ever raise or fold OOP preflop. And even those narrow 7% include hands that YOU dominate with AQs or are ahead of.

I also doubt he will be able to call with the lower range of pocket pairs he might be raising (JJ-), but that depends on his tendencies.

If you feel too uncertain and not comfortable cbetting big with whiffed hands, then you should fold and work on getting used to it vs less tight opponents.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:30 AM

Don't post dead UTG.

If this is my first hand at the table, I play it for a big pot almost never, irrespective of hand/action.

Here, with 2 players behind to act, I either throw in one single bet now and don't put any more in, or check and re-evaluate/proceed cautiously.

Nitty, but there it is. Horses for courses.

Edit: Sry, have I read the action wrong? What position are we in?
Old 06-14-2007, 07:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't post dead UTG. Edit: Sry, have I read the action wrong? What position are we in?

[/ QUOTE ]Wow, the converter messed up somehow (one player was sitting out). Sorry, I should have checked better. Here's the correct version:

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) handconverter.com

SB ($16.40)
BB ($58.00)
MP ($46.00)
CO ($18.15)
Button ($49.25)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $1.75, SB calls $1.50, Hero (poster) calls $1.25.

Flop: ($7) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero ...
Old 06-14-2007, 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you feel too uncertain and not comfortable cbetting big with whiffed hands, then you should fold and work on getting used to it vs less tight opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]Well, I'm totally comfortable putting my money in if I know it's the right thing to do, if that's your point; I easily have the bankroll for NL50. I'm only uncomfortable when I don't know if it's the correct ding to do, e.g.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) handconverter.com

SB ($16.40)
BB ($58.00)
MP ($46.00)
CO ($18.15)
Button ($49.25)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $1.75, SB calls $1.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8.25</font>, MP calls $6.50, Button folds, SB folds.

Flop: ($21) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero cbets 1/2 pot?

or
Flop: ($21) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero (c)bets 1/2 pot?

or
Flop: ($21) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero cbets 1/2 pot?
Old 06-14-2007, 08:59 AM

I'll typically bet more like 3/4 pot on either of those, except maybe the last one where an overpair will call 80% of the time. But that depends on what range you give villain. Some will call almost any 3bet with any pair, others will only call with the strongest of hands.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:17 AM

I think we have to 3 bet preflop. But as played on the flop i like a check raise, we soon find out where we are at, if goes over the top we get the hell out but generally we will take it down, really it ends the hand for us on the flop. I don't like the idea of check calling it's too weak, if we put the pressure on here we find out where we are at.

Should he call our check raise i'd put him on AK and would check fold unless we can turn an improvement J 10 or any club would fire a 1/2 pot bet if one of these fell, sort of as a blocker.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:43 AM

I'd probably call preflop because the hand is suited. If you flop a big draw you can c/r all-in, which adds extra ways the hand has value. I'd only reraise preflop if I thought he'd fold to a c-bet basically all hands except for AA, sets, and TPTK w/ AK.

On the flop, I'd go for pot control and c/c. If you c/c flop, I think you can safely c/f the turn. I'd expect most hands that are worse than AQ to try to check the hand down.

[ QUOTE ]
I think we have to 3 bet preflop. But as played on the flop i like a check raise, we soon find out where we are at, if goes over the top we get the hell out but generally we will take it down, really it ends the hand for us on the flop. I don't like the idea of check calling it's too weak, if we put the pressure on here we find out where we are at.

Should he call our check raise i'd put him on AK and would check fold unless we can turn an improvement J 10 or any club would fire a 1/2 pot bet if one of these fell, sort of as a blocker.

[/ QUOTE ]

What hands do you put him on that c/r is better than c/c? Are you afraid that he's going to spike his two-outer with JJ? Are you afraid he's got AT and he's going to hit his kicker and stack you if you don't push him out? I hate the idea of c/r this hand on this flop. QJ, JT, or a set would be a hand to c/r on this flop IMO. Note that most of the time I'd only have the set and would c/f the gutterballs.