Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 01:19 AM

Default Easy hand - not sure of best line

Ok, this is the second time a hand "similar" to this has occurred in the past month and I am not happy with my thought process on either hand and want to see other's thoughts. Both times I have been playing against total unknowns (exploring sites and limited recent play).

Tonight: I am BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

7 handed and HJ opens, CO calls and I call.

Flop is K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. What line do you take and most importantly for me what concepts are you trying to balance / incorporate into your decision?

If you decide to CR the flop please discuss what you do after the PFR bets and the cold caller folds.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:36 AM

Default Re: Easy hand - not sure of best line

Just c/r the flop to get your free moniez from his continuation bet and keep betting and raising until you're worried that you might be behind. Don't think it's worth spending a lot of mental bandwidth on this one.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:10 AM

c/r flop and fastplay it vs unknowns.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:15 PM

yeah i always cr here whether it goes ck bet call or ck bet fold, vs most sane villains id probably cr cap the flop then bet 3bet a blank turn and ck call the river if he caps the turn.

Hed have to be pretty spewey for me to want to cr the river on a blank if he caps the turn, he should be thinking flush after i cap the flop and bet 3bet the turn on this board.

Same goes if i had QJhh here, with those cards there arent many worse flush hands people open in the HJ (98hh is about it vs like a dozen Axhh hands). And most villains wont cap a blank turn flushless here.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-14-2007, 01:26 PM

Ok, this was mainly a confirmation post. Seemed really obvious but bad result in a few of these spots had me doubting it. Thought it better to check in.

I CR he folds next hand.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, this was mainly a confirmation post. Seemed really obvious but bad result in a few of these spots had me doubting it. Thought it better to check in.

I CR he folds next hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a spot where it's tempting to c/c the flop and c/r the turn but it's bad for alot of reasons...the biggest being that he will fire a 2nd barrell with air very infrequently on most turns because once you call the flop he knows you have at least 1 heart or a decent pair and are not folding.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:14 PM

I vote for fastplay early. You can get owned pretty badly (giving an awful free card) here by a good player with position if you wait for the later streets.

If you're the button instead with this same hand and get CR'd on the flop, then maybe you can wait for the turn because villain is probably either trying to fastplay a flushdraw or protect some sort made hand and either way you've got him over a barrel and can bet and maybe even 3bet if he cks the turn.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-15-2007, 05:54 PM

The best play is to do what everyone else said and c/r and hope he has something he is willing to put in some bets with which is pretty possible here.

In the event that you c/c flop you MUST bet the turn.