Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 09:39 PM

Default 15-30 turn raise

15-30 live fr game with 7 players due to walkers, only 2 donkeys, which has led to a little more action pre-flop then usual, it actually seems we're playing something that resembles pkr

hero finds black KK UTG, raises, gets 3-bet by solid aggressive UTG+1 player, everybody out, hero caps

flop: 10d 7d 9c hero leads, call

turn: 5h hero leads, UTG+1 raises

what's your line?

we have played many many sessions in the same game and the few times we had been HU we both have been fairly aggressive with each other, he's too loose pre flop, but he respects my game enough to not raise me with junk pre, he can get a bit tricky postflop, raises fairly light, but not always correctly, he sometimes takes awful lines

any pocket is in his range here

he calls off a lot when he thinks he's got a chance, he's def capable of 3-betting with nothing when he thinks somebody can be pushed off
Old 06-13-2007, 10:07 PM

Default Re: 15-30 turn raise

It doesn't sound like he likes to fold, so I'd go ahead and 3-bet and call down any further aggression. Would he ever cap the turn with just an overpair?
Old 06-13-2007, 10:56 PM

Pretty sure a showdown here is inevitable I'd also need to decide whether this is a strength raise, or a light raise. If it's a strength raise I think I'd go call, c/c. If he's trying to pick up the pot light here I might do a call, c/r.

Not a huge fan of a 3-bet here, but I'm sure someone can persuade me.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:05 PM

cr river
Old 06-14-2007, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
cr river

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't there a lot of draws on the board for that to make sense?
Old 06-14-2007, 03:40 AM

I think the majority of the time villain has a made hand here. If he does have something like AKs then I absolutely want to check raise the river especially when a flush card doesn't hit. I find it ridiculous that he would think that you could be pushed off this pot and still be considered a good player, so I'm gonna go ahead and discount the fact that he has total air.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:17 PM

I don't like any more crazy raising action. Your hand is clear as daylight. Just call down.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:38 PM

I might be missing something, but i'm wondering why we'd want to try for a river c/r here. If villian has a hand like AKs or 88 he's not betting the river unless he hits...and if he hits (unless he spikes the last K) we're behind. Maybe Villian his stupid enough to bet AK high on the river, or 88 for that matter, but most people would just show it down if they miss (both hands have good showdown value, even against a preflop cap).

I think 4 big bets sounds about right between turn and river with this hand and that board. If you think you can count on him to never cap the turn without having you crushed, i'd 3bet and lead the river. If you aren't sure, i think calling and bet/calling the river might be ok too.

lf
Old 06-19-2007, 03:09 AM

3-bet turn. If he is good, he could be semi-bluffing for free river. I hate the river getting checked behind. Id rather have 5 big bets go in instead of just 3.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:19 AM

Is just calling and betting brick rivers a bad play?