Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 06:23 PM

Default How is the cash game area in the tourney room?

I'm looking mostly to play $2-5 NL, probably in the evenings after I bust out of my tourneys [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Are there usually a lot of 2-5 games going? Is there a long list? How is the play?
Old 06-13-2007, 06:28 PM

Default Re: How is the cash game area in the tourney room?

I'd go play at the palms; the Rio is a zoo.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:06 PM

There will be 1395872357230 2-5 NL games going, they play bad...
Old 06-13-2007, 07:06 PM

I just got back after 5 days at the Rio. I played a lot of 2/5 NL about 5 hours at a session (break for food/walk, then back) and never had to wait more than 15 minutes for a seat (many times was seated in less than 5). The action is absolutely prime with lot of money flowing and not very strong play. Gotta love the 'Mississippi Straddle' (heard of it, but never played at a place that allowed it).
Old 06-13-2007, 07:13 PM

Mississipi Straddle?
Old 06-13-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mississipi Straddle?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mississipi straddle is allowed in any position, rules regarding order of action depend - some rooms require the straddle to act first temporarily skipping utg players, others allow the straddle to act in turn, giving late position or button straddlers an advantage
Old 06-14-2007, 12:28 AM

Ok, I give you people some free advice on playing with mississipi straddle. If some maniac is straddling everyhand and you to his left, u will be under the gun out of position every hand, so in order to combat this, you will have to restraddle and let him know your getting a little pizzzed off. say you r in mid position and the fool to your right straddles, now your first to act, so your going to have to pay double his straddle to regain postion, its worth it cause no one going to come in for 4 times the blind unless they have something or stupid.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:07 AM

In Rio the straddles are allowed only from the button and UTG, not any position. Button has first option to straddle. I didn't see any restraddles at all.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking mostly to play $2-5 NL, probably in the evenings after I bust out of my tourneys [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Are there usually a lot of 2-5 games going? Is there a long list? How is the play?

[/ QUOTE ]

I play low stakes limit, but my observation last year was that the 5/10 LHE games were soft. I had at least 3 players at my table whose husbands where playing in tournaments and have obv given their wives some money to go donk off. Happy to oblige. Throw in a few dealers and tourist-types and it was a nice game.

If anyone has had a different experience would love to know ... heading out in a week for 3 days.

NCAces
Old 06-14-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In Rio the straddles are allowed only from the button and UTG, not any position. Button has first option to straddle. I didn't see any restraddles at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a guy to left that would dark raise to $20 (in the SB) everytime I threw on the Mississippi Straddle (on the Button). This meant in a 2/5 game that there was $35 in the pot before the cards were even dealt, with action starting on the BB. Yehaa!