Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 01:31 PM

Default Wire Transfer question

Hi all,

The last time or two that I've been out to Vegas, I've made a wire transfer to Bellagio and that always went swimmingly. I'm thinking about transferring to the Rio instead this time since that's where I'm staying. Has anyone had any good/bad experiences with transfers to the Rio? How many business days does it take to process?

thanks,
Nate
Old 06-13-2007, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Wire Transfer question

Nate - A wire transfer sent to the Rio by TMTTR last year failed, the money was lost in the banking system with the bank claiming that it was received by the Rio, and the Rio claiming the funds never arrived int their account. One year later the problem still hasn't been resolved. Another thing to note is that wire transfers are only cleared when the business office is open on the weekdays, if you do use the Rio services make sure you dont get stuck over the weekend.

It might be best to have your bank send to Western Union or another bank in the Vegas area, at least the parties involved tend to be more accountable for their actions.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:28 PM

bumping this [sorry]
Old 06-14-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One year later the problem still hasn't been resolved.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems rather hard to believe, some evidence please?
Old 06-14-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here we go again.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it very easy to believe.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

feel free to slam me for my own complicity but --

I will confirm that (1) a wire transfer I sent to the Rio from my personal account (Citibank) to TT's attention (using his real name and identification, of course) was lost during the World Series last year (mid-July), and (2) the matter has still not been resolved. In the days following the lost wire, the Rio provided little help and gave me conflicting information about their knowledge of the wire. The amount was not huge but not insignificant (low four figures).

The part I will be slammed about is my lack of diligent follow through. After the initial frustration, I was sent out of town on business hoping the matter would resolve itself. When I came back a couple of weeks later, the wire had not shown up. I was supposed to go to Vegas in early September and figured that I would work it out while I was there. The trip was cancelled and I let the matter slide.

I finally went to Vegas a few months ago. Before I left, I confirmed with my bank that the wire had been sent. In Vegas, I worked on my own and with TT for many hours trying to find the money at the Rio. They could not locate a record of it.

The next step was to give my bank the necessary information to trace the money from their end. I spoke to a bank rep who was supposed to look into it BUT... I started a new job when I got back to NYC and have failed to follow up with the bank.

Yes I am an ADD-ridden idiot and should have been more diligent but this thread has served one purpose by filled me with self-loathing and compelling me to follow up right away. I will report back my findings (particularly if it incriminates or exonorates the Rio).
Old 06-15-2007, 03:23 PM

Go spend some time in the Amazon room at thr rio. You will have all the evidence you need in about an hour.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

feel free to slam me for my own complicity but --

I will confirm that (1) a wire transfer I sent to the Rio from my personal account (Citibank) to TT's attention (using his real name and identification, of course) was lost during the World Series last year (mid-July), and (2) the matter has still not been resolved. In the days following the lost wire, the Rio provided little help and gave me conflicting information about their knowledge of the wire. The amount was not huge but not insignificant (low four figures).

The part I will be slammed about is my lack of diligent follow through. After the initial frustration, I was sent out of town on business hoping the matter would resolve itself. When I came back a couple of weeks later, the wire had not shown up. I was supposed to go to Vegas in early September and figured that I would work it out while I was there. The trip was cancelled and I let the matter slide.

I finally went to Vegas a few months ago. Before I left, I confirmed with my bank that the wire had been sent. In Vegas, I worked on my own and with TT for many hours trying to find the money at the Rio. They could not locate a record of it.

The next step was to give my bank the necessary information to trace the money from their end. I spoke to a bank rep who was supposed to look into it BUT... I started a new job when I got back to NYC and have failed to follow up with the bank.

Yes I am an ADD-ridden idiot and should have been more diligent but this thread has served one purpose by filled me with self-loathing and compelling me to follow up right away. I will report back my findings (particularly if it incriminates or exonerates the Rio).

[/ QUOTE ]

TMTTR - don't put so much blame on yourself, its the bank/Rio's responsibility to track down the missing funds, not yours. Sure you should be hard on yourself for not giving them hell for not doing the work and not figuring out what went wrong (the bank has record of Rio's acceptance, which is rather damming evidence on the part of Rio/Harrah's/WSOP), but in the end Rio lost your money - and at this point it seems as if its a fact rather than an assumption based on what we have learned in the past year.

PS: Wish this never happened, at least it wasn't a 6 figure amount [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2007, 03:44 PM

That's the issue with banks. If it is not enough they won't do anything about it. If you had a 6-figure account, then Citi would probably assign you a personal banker, and the money will be found immediately. I have had problems with banks before. The most bizzare was that I had a pay-check (approx 1,000) that was stolen and cashed. It should have been an open-and-shut case. The signature was not mine. They cashed it at a check-cashing place (they were on film) and it was not endorsed. I guess I didn't follow up on it dillegently enought (called once a week for a few months)and I am sure the case is basically forgotten. Of coarse, we can't forget to mentiion that these people broke a federal law.

Just saying, with such small moneys, I wouldn't put your hopes up too much. If you closed the Citi account tommorrow they wouldn't care. I closed mine years ago.