Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 05:05 PM

Default WPEX regulars thread (lc)

Used to be able to get a o8 limit game going between 2/4 to 5/10 on a regular basis but lately the o8 games have been almost nonexistent. Where have all you regulars gone? There was never much selection but this is ridiculous.

Anyone who used to play there stop and why?
Old 06-13-2007, 01:47 AM

Default Re: WPEX regulars thread (lc)

I used to play there but stopped several months ago. The simple fact is WPEX is the only site I am a net playing loser on (I made a tiny profit w/ RB). After months of barely breaking even with 100% RB I decided to quit pounding my head against the wall. If they can attract some fish and get some PL action going I might check it out again but for now I won't touch the place. If the action has dried up I can only surmise there are others in the same boat as me.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who used to play there stop and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I played a little bit but during european evening hours games were either non existant or super shorthanded 3 handed at most. I seem to play much better 6 handed as opposed to 3 handed.

Also, even with 100% rb, the games are nowhere near as good as other sites.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:42 AM

Although table selection is nonexistent and the games are tougher I will usually join any game going but I've had to play holdem there :-(. Some of the players are good o8 players so I assumed they were 2+2.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:21 AM

I used to play there casually (played with you many times) but when the O8 games dried up a couple of months ago, I took my chips and went somewhere else. Actually, I play live more than anything else now.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:38 AM

i sat 75 150 for like a month just waiting for someone to sit with me... never happened, highest i ever got was 30 60 for like 15 minutes, donkeys lost 1600 to me in like 30 hands playing like completely fools.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to play there but stopped several months ago. The simple fact is WPEX is the only site I am a net playing loser on (I made a tiny profit w/ RB). After months of barely breaking even with 100% RB I decided to quit pounding my head against the wall. If they can attract some fish and get some PL action going I might check it out again but for now I won't touch the place. If the action has dried up I can only surmise there are others in the same boat as me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I'm a net loser there and not at any other site or live. I know that I'm not the best, but through years of playing I know that I'm good enough to be a net winner. The only reason I keep money there at all now is for the occasional sports wager.

The LH games are a joke. There is no doubt in my mind that the full ring games are populated by bots, either of the house's making or private. (The NLH freeroll, by contrast, is easy and fun. I've probably pulled $600 out of that in 10-12 tries.)

But I like to think that the O8 games have been legit. I've studied some of my losses in PT and I didn't notice anything suspicious. (If I have been had then it has been by some very talented folks, and I salute them.) But to say this is even worse because it involves admitting that I suck.

I check occasionally for a game, but the fact of the matter is that there are greener pastures.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:08 PM

I don't mind the short games because I prefer 6 max anyway. The o8 games have always seemed legit to me. There are many very aggro players which makes the swings huge.

I will have to check my PT stats but I think I'm down about .5bb/100 which is more than made up for by the rakeback.

I play alot on stars also but hate the no rakeback.