Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 08:46 AM

Default kk at 2-4, what is the right play on the flop

My tracker is messed up so I don't have the HH.

2/4, 6 max at fulltilt. I just sat down, I do not know my opponents, I have no reads. I raise 14 from mid pos with k [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]k [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], button calls, as does the BB. We all have 100bb's (400) to start the hand. Flop comes 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. The BB checks I bet $36 into the $44 pot. The button raises to $115, bb folds, me?????

I would say playing with unknown players in this spot I am behind probably 70% of the time, consider how large his raise is. Meaning he has a set or a baby flush.........The hands he could possibly do this with where I am the favorite, 1010-qq with the diamond, and the dry ace of diamonds.

Many of you will say this is a no brainer just put it in. Against an unknown your probably right........but what if I told you the player was really really tight and there was an 85% chance you were beat on the flop. Wouldn't this be an instafold??? If he had a set you have like 25% equity and you've only invested 1/8th of your stack.

Also how would you play this exact same hand put now your 150 bb's deep.

thanks for the replies.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:54 AM

Default Re: kk at 2-4, what is the right play on the flop

If you think against a tight and passive opponent (in a 3way pot) you are behind, you can safely fold. That's the beauty of these players: they are very exploitable. Against a better more aggro player this hand is much harder to play.

You have to give him a range of hands and then it is 'just' a math problem, but against most passive opponents this is a fold I think.

Dealt to prinsrob[Kc Ks]
ber13015 calls $2.00
JackAdi folds
Shermod folds
mtoby folds
MadSickoHead calls $1.00
prinsrob raises to $9.00
ber13015 calls $7.00
MadSickoHead folds
*** FLOP *** [Js 9s 2s]
prinsrob bets $12.00
ber13015 raises to $56.00
prinsrob folds
Old 06-12-2007, 08:57 AM

Default Re: kk at 2-4, what is the right play on the flop

[ QUOTE ]
but what if I told you the player was really really tight and there was an 85% chance you were beat on the flop. Wouldn't this be an instafold??? If he had a set you have like 25% equity and you've only invested 1/8th of your stack.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well if you only had 25% equity in the pot and the guy has a better hand 85% of the time then obviously it's an easy fold, however in this hand you either have the best hand or a draw to the best hand, so stick it in. If he has the nuts kudos to him.